Growth Marketing Manager
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, Google, and others.
Growth Marketing Manager / Lifecycle Marketing Manager
You will be a crucial member of the team, identifying new opportunities for us to communicate with carriers and launching experiments that drive results. You will partner cross-functionally with other teams (program teams, quality and compliance, brand marketing, product teams) that wish to communicate with carriers at scale to ensure alignment and drive results across the company.
You will work on all parts of the Carrier (Truck Driver) Convoy app user lifecycle, from activation to customer engagement and churned customer re-engagement. You use data and performance metrics to recommend new initiatives and improve existing campaigns. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
You will help drive:
- Design, execute, and scale experiments to increase Carrier (Truck Driver) engagement across all communication channels (email, push notifications, in-app notifications) using Iterable, our marketing automation platform
- Design, execute, and scale experiments to improve Carrier (Truck Driver) performance (e.g. decrease falloffs, increase on-time behavior) and move Carriers through the quality lifecycle
- Manage carrier education programs designed to increase feature adoption, engagement, retention and quality
- Determine opportunity size of backlogged campaigns to inform prioritization and automate campaigns that drive the most impact
- Work with product and engineering teams to develop, test, and troubleshoot additional capabilities to expand our potential use cases on these channels
- Report on campaign performance using Iterable data and SQL (Metabase)
- Create written documentation to communicate experiments and their results with the rest of the team and company, including lessons, action items and recommended optimizations
- Work with product marketing, design, and program teams to plan and execute email, in-app, and push notification messages to engage carriers and support initiatives from external stakeholders
- Take on ownership of new programs that will arise in the future (we’re a startup and our strategy is growing quickly!)
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing, growth marketing, or product role
- Experience planning, building and optimizing digital marketing campaigns that drive results
- Experience using data to report on performance (SQL experience preferred) and optimize effectiveness
- Startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience is a plus
- Embodiment of Convoy’s company values
- Self-motivated; willing to be proactive and take initiative on open-ended projects with little oversight
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Collaborative approach and positive attitude. We’re a tight-knit team!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that Convoy does not currently offer sponsorship for this role.
Read Full Job Description