Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
Rover is looking for a Manager, Brand Copy to join our Brand Marketing team. In this role, you will manage a team of writers, mentoring and guiding their projects and careers. You’ll still be writing and editing a lot yourself, but you’ll balance day-to-day projects with big picture efforts that include honing our brand voice and pushing the creative expression of your team’s copy. We're looking for someone ready to forge new paths and help define brand voice and the role of copy at Rover.
Do you speak dog? Could you drop a message on a poop bag that would make pet parents smile? How about getting a click in a sea of social ads, or inspiring sitters to forward an email to their friends? This role requires a particular blend of creative thinker, writer extraordinaire, passionate mentor, and savvy marketer—someone who can inspire a small and growing team of writers and act as a creative partner to designers and marketers. In this role you’ll be charged with amplifying our brand personality, improving brand health, and writing marketing content that hits internal team KPIs. You’ll work closely with a cross-functional team including Marketing and Product.
A creative at heart, you’re also hungry for data: If the messaging doesn’t perform, you’re eager to learn why, refine, and iterate. You use research and data to inform new creative work. Analytics inform everything we do, so a passion for data-driven creative work is key. And a love of corgi floofs doesn’t hurt.
You also bring a nuanced understanding of tone, voice, and structure. We’re seeking a manager/writer with a track record of developing powerful marketing creative for major brands—someone who’s open-minded, creative, and comfortable pivoting from a campaign concept to a click-driven direct response ad. And when it comes to constructive feedback, that’s your wheelhouse: You can dish it up and apply it with equal finesse. The ideal candidate is collaborative, thrives in ambiguity, and is excited to write for a two-sided marketplace. Given Rover’s fast trajectory and category leadership, projects may shift and morph week to week; you’re eager to embrace that challenge with creativity and tenacity.
- Lead and inspire a small team of copywriters, mentoring and guiding their projects and career development
- Collaborate with creative and cross-functional partners to concept and create impactful messages for a variety of marketing tactics
- Champion and help evolve Rover’s brand voice and copy style across all marketing channels
- Develop and evangelize Rover’s brand voice and tone guidelines
- Deliver engaging copy that inspires and educates consumers across channels including social media, display, app advertising, print, and email
- Manage multiple competing projects and deadlines from brief to execution in a fast-paced environment, ensuring deadlines are met
- Collaboratively develop campaign creative from concept through execution
- Present creative concepts and decks to internal stakeholders
- Offer and receive constructive creative feedback
- Investigate new copywriting tactics and regularly bring new ideas to the table that amplify our brand voice and drive results
- Use data to help optimize your creative approach to drive better results
- Write. Write. Write.
- 6+ years of copywriting experience, preferably at a creative agency or in-house within a marketing or design-focused organization
- Previous experience managing and mentoring a copywriting team
- Experience developing and refining a brand voice
- Experience working with cross-functional teams of very different backgrounds and skills
- Extensive experience working closely with design teams on campaign content development
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Strong negotiation and influence skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated success working quickly and juggling competing projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with AP Style a plus
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.