Marketing Automation Specialist
Expedia is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning and booking travel. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
Expedia® Lodging Partners Services (LPS) is responsible for building and developing relationships with hotels around the world, to constantly align our product offering to our customers’ demand. With more than 240,000 hotels worldwide, Expedia Lodging Partner Services is driving innovation in the development and management of a highly complex and fast-moving inventory.
Global Partner Marketing (GPM) is a newly formed organization that brings together what were formerly disparate B2B channel marketing functions (email, web, social, and events) into a single entity supported by an in-house creative team.
We’re in “start-up” mode, purposefully building out our team with ambitious goals to create a world class B2B marketing org that will drive the LPS goals of…
- Acquisition – adding new hotel partners
- Engagement – deepening the relationship we have with existing hotel partners
- Satisfaction – keeping hotel partners happy
- Efficiency – reducing the sales cycle and taking on tasks to give time back to our sales force (Market Management)
The GPM team is investing in our entire martech stack with an emphasis on Marketo and we’re looking for a Marketing Automation Specialist to be part of a newly forming marketing automation team within GPM. This position will be based in Bellevue, WA and will be one of the first members of our marketing automation and email delivery team.
This person will require solid experience in marketing tools and demonstrated automation capabilities with solutions such as Marketo to create/configure the following deliverables:
- Promotional and transactional emails
- Registration forms and landing page templates
- Event support communications
- Automated customer journeys
- Programming of business rules and marketing triggers
- Lead scoring
- Personalization (use of tokens and snippets)
What You'll Do:
You will be critical in helping build out compelling, data driven customer journeys across the hotel partner life-cycle. If you enjoy building from scratch, thrive on turning ambiguity into productivity, and have aptitude for marketing technologies, then this role is ideal for you.
You will partner with...
- Data teams to ensure requirements for data triggers and formatting are met for successful Marketo consumption and execution
- Reporting/analytics teams to ensure appropriate tagging and instrumentation (Munchkin codes, Google Analytics) are implemented to enable marketing attribution
- Content/localization teams to ensure content can be staged and rendered accurately in Marketo for seamless delivery
- Web teams to ensure registrations forms can be staged on sites to aid with customer data capture
- While this role will focus on the heavy lifting within Marketo needed for program creation, it will also interface with a small offshore team that will be trained on Marketo to aid in cost effective scaling of Marketo programs as well as ad-hoc email delivery.
Who You Are:
- Skill set with Marketo or other form of marketing automation solution (Pardot, HubSpot, Eloqua, Unica, etc.)
- Ability to take marketing concepts/requirements and translate them into marketing automation programs
- Solid understanding of basic principles of data, how data is structured and organized, how it flows between systems, etc.
- Have the ability to self-direct and motivate, working independently with little oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or sales related field.
- 1-3 years of B2B marketing experience, particularly in using marketing technologies to deliver marketing content across multiple channels.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#li-my2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.