Marketing Data Analyst at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing complex datasets and communicating actionable insights to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making across the company. The primary focus is to perform analysis and develop reports that illustrate the relative impact of marketing programs on Sales and Customer Success. They should always be looking for ways to optimize marketing programs to increase ROI. This individual is also responsible for ensuring data integrity and report validation. The ideal candidate has extensive experience effectively communicating data and a passion for problem solving.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support Marketing, Sales and Customer Success Teams via ad-hoc analysis and automated reporting.
- Accurately track campaign performance, lead generation and resulting revenue.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand what information is needed to drive business decisions.
- Perform analyses on large datasets and extract actionable insights.
- Create dashboards and reports to communicate and monitor key performance metrics.
- Effectively present data both verbally and visually to technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive leadership.
- Identify and troubleshoot data inconsistencies.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, preferably in a quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in analytical roles with a heavy focus on querying, analyzing, and presenting data to various stakeholders across organizations.
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries required.
- Knowledge of Python/R for data analysis strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with data visualization and reporting software like Mode, Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in B2B marketing or sales preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Marketo, and Salesforce a plus.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel (including VLOOKUP and pivot tables) with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.