Marketing Engagement Specialist at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP, or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology, and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures), and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As a Marketing Engagement Specialist, you will be responsible for engaging with customers who have questions and/or need assistance during our Self-Service checkout flow.
You will also be reaching out to and connecting with leads who have demonstrated interest in signing up for our software but abandoned the checkout process. The main customer-facing communication channels used in this role include: chat, email, phone, and text messaging.
You’ll be expected to operate a wide variety of tools (Salesforce, Drift Chat, Salesloft, Zipwhip texting app, and Microsoft Office) as well as communicate effectively and efficiently with customers in real-time. This role is part of the Marketing team but works closely with several departments at Zipwhip: Support, Billing, and the Sales Development teams.
What you’ll be working on:
- Field inbound questions from customers during their checkout experience via text message, drift, or email.
- Provide real-time and scheduled support to customers who are having trouble navigating the self-service sign-up process.
- Drive measurable increases in conversion through the self-service purchase path through proactive follow-up with abandoned cart leads via Salesloft email cadences, and occasionally outbound phone calls.
- Understand and effectively articulate Zipwhip’s basic functionality, the product package pricing, and the self-service checkout process.
- Coaching new Self Service customers leads to supplement automated nurture programs with personalized support during the free trial conversion process.
The skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Salesforce experience (Service cloud, sales cloud, or some other SFDC experience is HIGHLY preferred).
- You're comfortable reaching out to customers over multiple channels and have a penchant for sales and support.
- You're passionate about the tech industry and leveraging software to solve business challenges.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You're a team player who is excited about contributing to the success of a flourishing business model and custom acquisition channel.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.