Marketing Manager, Events & Partnerships at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook marketing team is looking for a highly creative and passionate Marketing Manager to drive our US partnership and conference strategy. This role requires the ability to balance relationship building and marketing impact, so we are looking for a candidate eager to experiment and explore new tactics while continually improving our ability to reach our target audience.
The right candidate will be at their best working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while exhibiting ownership over an aggressive roadmap of marketing opportunities. Important to this role, is the ability to build trust and manage others through influence while working effectively across various internal teams – sales, customer success, demand generation, product marketing and the communications team to build a cohesive approach to our conference and partnership strategy.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Drive strategy, manage and execute a US conference and partnership strategy designed to drive lead generation and strengthen our brand position
- Coordinate with our current and potential partners to drive mutual benefit for both parties while working with internal teams to fulfill partnership agreements
- Where appropriate with partners, build and maintain limited PitchBook access programs to drive product awareness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine event and program objectives and drive pre and post execution activities
- Develop an intimate understanding of the PitchBook brand and culture ensuring brand execution through messaging, design, and overall event experience
- Manage communication between sales and customer success to ensure effective event staffing, preparation and training
- Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness of events
- Track and manage conference and travel budgets each quarter as aligned with event allocation
Skills and Qualifications:
- A True Team Player. Ability to work productively across diverse teams in rapidly changing situations. Partnership and collaboration is a fundamental requirement.
- Relentlessly High Standards. Demonstrated ability to create successful marketing-driven event programs. Dependable and able to work without significant supervision.
- Highly Organized. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities. Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Vendor and contract negotiation and management.
- Technically Savvy. Experience with Marketo or other similar marketing automation programs preferred. Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- 5-8 years relevant experience in marketing and events
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS)
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.