Marketing Manager, Media at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As our Marketing Manager, Media, you will work closely with the team to grow the Remitly customer base, improve the customer experience and ensure we are working efficiently.
This role will be supporting the Director of Offline & Community Marketing in carrying out the strategy, planning, negotiation, execution, analysis and optimization of Remitly’s offline acquisition channels. As part of the offline team you will be responsible for Remitly’s global media planning and buying in all offline channels (including community marketing), with an emphasis on broadcast but with a strong need to identify, test, launch, and scale new channels to expand Remitly’s reach, build our brand and acquire new customers.
This role is based in Seattle. A strong knowledge of offline media channels and opportunities is essential to success in this position. But you should also possess knowledge in forward looking, emerging channels like Connected TV, YouTube, etc
What You’ll Do
- Act as a strategic partner to Director of Offline/Community Marketing to develop and execute a test and learn agenda to unlock new channels to accelerate performance
- Partner closely with Product Marketing to ensure their plans are met in a way that best suits the audience
- Work closely with Remitly’s research and analytics teams to identify the right channel mix for targeted customer segments
- Act as a strategic partner between internal marketing leads and external agencies to develop campaigns that are effective and offer a holistic approach to offline strategies and tactics.
- Support Director in identifying potential agency partners, develop relationships with media agencies and leverage those relationships to plan, negotiate, buy, and deploy highly impactful and effective campaigns including (C)TV/radio (including podcasts)/outdoor/events
- Manage execution, organization, and communication of marketing tasks including, launching tests, building wiki pages for campaigns, campaign project management and supporting digital marketing efforts.
- Obsess over data and understand campaign metrics to set best practices and continuously improve offline buys, overall engagement, and conversions.
- Assist in preparing forecasts and performance reports that monitor and analyze key media metrics quality, and campaign performance
- Own administrative processes for effective department operations including PO setup, account payable tracking and auditing, and accrual processes
- Interface directly with networks, and manage creative trafficking
- Monitor and analyze competitive media and marketing strategies.
- Manage 1-2 junior team members as we scale our business
Who You Are
- Be nimble and able to juggle both strategic plan development long with leading in-depth tactical execution, plan stewardship and invoice reconciliation
- Have 3-5 years experience in offline marketing activities and media buying (TV, radio, print, out of home, etc.)-- Community/grassroots/events marketing a plus
- NOTE: this is NOT a media buying position, we outsource most of that work. This is a role to craft our strategy and plans, build business cases, and then hand off to our agencies for execution and stewardship
- Be flexible. Our environment is constantly changing and successful candidates should be comfortable with some amount of ambiguity.
- Have a “do what it takes” attitude and want to make an impact with an amazing organization
- Be customer centric. Have the ability to walk in the customer’s shoes and advocate on their behalf
- Be skilled with Excel, SQL a plus
- Have strong analytical aptitude with experience making data-driven marketing decisions
- Be a focused self starter who can manage a workload against multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Be a great influencer and inspiring people manager
- Experience working with diverse cultures, target audiences and languages a plus
- Spanish, Tagalog or other foreign language skills, a plus
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree program in marketing, media, advertising, business or relevant experience, preferred
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer