Marketing Manager, Organic Search at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Remitly is hiring an Organic Search (SEO) Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team. You will guide customer acquisition through SEO and ASO. Remitly operates in 16 countries (and is growing), so a significant portion of your role will be spent on international SEO and ASO. If hreflang tags make you happy, you are passionate, and curious; with a strong desire to make a difference and be part of the story of a high-growth startup, apply now.
- Build Organic Search (SEO) new customer growth (~70% of your time). Identify and execute tests, content creation, analytics, and link building. Can guide the strategy in thinking about how to make SEO one of our core customer acquisition channels and how content, product, PR, and social all intertwine to do so.
- Build App Search (ASO) new customer growth (~30% of your time). Identify and execute tests and analytics. Develop and execute strategies to increase our App Store and Google Play Store performance.
- Build your Numbers. Set and hit targeted goals on growth and efficiency by being a data-driven marketer. Gather and analyze data for regular reporting. Summarize data from several sources into concise, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Manage your Changes. Use in-house tools to quickly make edits to keyword optimization or internal link building and test the results.
- Be a Partner. Develop and communicate ideas for optimizing projects for search engines. This encompasses:
- Work with the Marketing Product team. Identify and estimate the effort and influence of SEO opportunities with internal linking and on-page structure.
- Work with Mobile Product. Identify and estimate effort and influence of ASO opportunities.
- Work with Design and Marketing Analytics. Spec, launch, and measure new campaigns and tests.
- Work with Product Marketing and International Business Management. Identify country-specific issues and plans.
- Ideal Background: Passionate Marketer with 3+ years experience in SEO (including international SEO) with a performance history of successful projects
- SEO tools: Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics and other SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Stat, etc.
- Experience with ASO
- Experience writing and editing content for SEO
- Highly Analytical. Great with numbers. Enjoy problem-solving. Structured thinker and communicator. Handle complex programs with ease.
- Highly Creative. Full of ideas to test next. Translate hypotheses into messaging.
- Highly Motivated. Have initiative and take ownership of assigned tasks, working independently with minimal supervision. Energetic, nimble and highly results-driven.
- Experience running SEO tests
- Experience managing agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or a related field
Preferred but not Required:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Filipino, Hispanic, African or South Asian cultures
- Fluent in Spanish, Filipino, Hindi, Chinese, Vietnamese, Portuguese or French
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.