Marketing Manager at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (PST) on Monday, August 26, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced full-funnel growth marketer - someone who is just as comfortable orchestrating cross-channel brand initiatives as they are building measurement plans for mid-to-upper funnel media. You will be responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns for our core business units and have ownership of all traditional media (TV, Radio, etc.). Ideally you’ll have already worked on national media buys and had personal accountability for the performance of a brand or category.
You’ll succeed in this role if you can assume a Brand Marketer’s vision and cross-functional agility but evaluate your campaigns through a Performance Marketer’s lens - constantly looking for opportunities to optimize or challenge existing assumptions. Our Growth Marketing team strives to be amongst the best there is and we’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic Marketing Manager to help us meet our goals. With the rapid growth Rover.com has experienced, we’re looking for an individual that is excited to take advantage of all the opportunities that come their way, and wants to grow their career along with the company.
- Leads the development and execution of a highly effective, upper-funnel paid media strategy, in line with Rover’s demand generation and growth goals
- Applies and leverages a deep understanding of brand strategy, consumer segmentation, category drivers and architectural pillars to define, develop and implement integrated media & brand activation programs
- Champions the development & implementation of seasonal, partner or other opportunistic integrated marketing campaigns
- Prioritizes and sequences integrated marketing campaigns aligned to business objectives and with emphasis on maximum impact
- Oversees the development of cross-functional integrated marketing plans, aligning product & business opportunities with target consumer segments & insights, marketing objectives & strategies, creative concepts, budgets & timelines
- Manages external agencies and other resources as required to establish target budgets, KPI’s, buying strategies and reporting for all media investments
- Owns rolling, 12-month integrated marketing calendar development and communication
- Advocates for qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommend actions to support marketing strategies
- 5+ years consumer or brand marketing experience, major consumer brands. The ideal candidate has this experience at a brand comparable to Rover from a size and growth perspective
- Progressive success in translating a brand vision & strategy into compelling and measurable integrated marketing campaigns
- Solid experience in managing media agency partners and building targeted media plans (>$5M annual media investment); inclusive of national television
- Experience developing tests to measure the impact of offline channels (TV, Radio, Direct Mail, etc.)
- SQL experience recommended, willingness to continue to learn SQL required
- Track record of successfully bringing consumer products, programs or brand activation programs to market
- Proven insight distillation through deep consumer understanding, translated into winning market executions
- Strong ability to use data to influence senior leaders to align on a vision and strategic initiatives
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement
- Action-orientation balanced with effective partnerships across the organization
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, with the ability to present data and conclusions in an organized, concise manner at all levels throughout the company
- Professional, reliable, enthusiastic, self-reliant, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with all groups while addressing people courageously, directly and candidly
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description