Marketing Project Manager
You: Apptio is looking for someone with a proven track record in project management, basic requirements gathering, problem solving, and cross group collaboration to help us establish a project management office in Marketing. You are excited to roll up your sleeves, get into the weeds, and help build a new function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You must be comfortable coordinating prioritization, process, and execution across a wide range of stakeholders. You can balance an analytical, data-driven mindset with the ability to relate to a variety of personalities across a variety of roles.
Us: This position will be a key member of a Marketing Operations team whose mission is to provide capabilities and insights that empower the business to operate with increased effectiveness, efficiency, and scale. We are a highly collaborative, team-oriented, and a results focused team in a Marketing department that strives to be best-in-class.
What we want you to do: The Marketing Project Manager is a new role at Apptio. It is a great opportunity to add immediate business value and help scale our team while transforming the way our department thinks about how we work and what we work on.
You will be responsible for assessing team capacity across a variety of functions (Design, Content, Web Dev, etc), discovering and consolidating future demand, and then identifying major capacity bottlenecks. You will drive project governance by managing project kickoffs, maintaining project timelines and status, coordinating task execution, and ensuring data hygiene in our system of record (Workfront). You will regularly report on project status to variety of stakeholders including Marketing leadership. You will partner with other members of the Marketing Operations team on related topics such as project financials, vendor management, project data architecture, and more.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Operations, Project Management, or Program Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; agency experience a plus
- Strong project management skills; PMP, MPM, PPM, or related certification a plus
- Experience with project and resource management software such as Workfront, Wrike, Basecamp, etc.; familiarity with Workfront a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal) along with ability to collaborate internally or cross group while at the same time building credible relationships
- Ability to define internal requirements and align resources and/or agencies to meet those requirements
- Strong passion for both client satisfaction and achieving business objectives and the ability to balance the two
- Ability to improve processes, manage change, and drive enablement and adoption
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills, solid judgment, and accustomed to acting with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task, deal effectively with ambiguity, and self-prioritize under pressure
- Strong leadership skills with the potential for people management
- A team player'
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, employee stock purchase plan and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.