Media Specialist at Expedia Group
- Develop media strategies grounded in business data and consumer research.
- Create media plans which deliver on established media principles
- Effectively negotiate and manage execution and stewardship of Expedia.com’s TV buys
- Serve as market expert, providing insight to marketplace conditions and opportunities in National TV/digital video and local media
- Manage market/vendor budgets and deliverables (TRPs, impressions, sponsorships and integrations)
- Compile and analyze relevant metrics on an ongoing basis to optimize media plans, media schedules, analyze media alternatives and make sound recommendations
- Effectively manage media schedules, reconciliation and make-good activity
- Develop pre and post-campaign summary materials.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute buying and testing strategies that drive business efficiencies.
- Work with creative team and ensure all trafficking deadlines are met
- At least 3+ years Media planning and buying experience in national TV and digital video, and local media. Experience with emerging TV platforms (connected TV/OTT, addressable, programmatic TV) preferred.
- Solid understanding of brand and direct response media buying and analysis
- Strong analytical skill set - proven ability to derive TV optimization insights from data and make sound recommendations.
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with vendors
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well organized, detail oriented, and proactive, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum 2 years TV planning and buying experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with MediaOcean or Strata buy management platforms
- Experience working with media buying and research software such as Nielsen and SQAD
- Minimum intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office in Excel and PowerPoint
Relocation (Y):Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.