Paid Search Marketing Manager, SEM/SEO (Hotwire - Seattle) at Expedia Group
Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
About the position:
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a highly motivated team of Online Marketers in a collaborative, rewarding and progressive environment, you will love Hotwire’s Search Engine Marketing (SEM) team. SEM is a dynamic business and we would not have it any other way.
The opportunities to inspire travel for the customer are endless. As a Manager on the SEM team, you will work in an entrepreneurial environment by owning the end to end SEM process, from problem recognition to data analysis to building and implementing automated workflows and solution for one of the largest parts of our channel Profit and Loss Statement. You will help coach the team to utilize quantitative and qualitative skills to provide actionable insights for optimizing marketing spend, audience targeting and influencing customer behavior. We love to test and learn like maniacs and deliver a return on investment. You will get to join us in a harmonious and open space with other like-minded individuals. You do all this while scoring phenomenal travel discounts and having all this fun.
Our Paid Search Marketing Manager is an individual contributor on the team, reporting to the Director of SEM.
Your responsibilities in this role would include the following:
- You help identify growth opportunities, initiate test hypotheses and prioritize scale out of winning tests, improving SEM traffic productivity and increase return on investment.
- You provide guidance to upper management on market trends and recommendations to adjust portfolio behavior to maximize opportunities.
- You collaborate with internal partners, help building quarterly forecasts of our P&L, communicating risks and opportunities to the team in a crisp and compelling manner.
- You will execute on the fundamentals of search marketing to perform a clean Marketing handshake between Search Platforms and our sites. We seek individuals who are passionate about SEM.
- You partner with Product and Technical Teams to improve SEM products and tools development (automation tools, dashboards, etc.) and influence prioritization.
- You will monitor and lead multiple SEM campaigns/projects.
- You will gather actionable data from our various sources to ensure consistent and continual optimization of campaigns.
- You help build automated workflows to affect change at scale.
- You will lead as a critical thinker using data and experience to make sound decisions, even with incomplete information.
- Leads with a passion for SEM. 5 Years of relevant work experience is required.
- Individuals who have excellent quantitative analysis experience. SEM is an art and a science but it is more about science than art these days.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including data manipulation and financial analysis.
- Expertise in working with SQL and Microsoft Excel. Expect questions in this area! Background in scripting with Python or R is a plus.
- Track record in SEM is preferred and SEO experience is a plus.
- Strong collaboration at all levels, including compelling verbal and written executive communication. Expect questions about experience with consensus building.
- Strong understanding of the mechanics of online marketing, eCommerce, or equivalent role preferred.
- Knowledge of online travel industry is useful to have.
- Monthly travel to our HQ in San Francisco, CA.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
(keywords: senior paid search, paid search optimization, sr. paid search specialist, sem manager, search engine marketing manager, sr. sem analyst, paid search analyst)Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.