A core part of what we’re building at Assurance is a large network of on-demand independent insurance agents who access our platform to connect with interested consumers.
As we build the future of insurance and financial services, our Performance Marketing Specialist role is at the core of our Agent Marketing team, managing marketing campaigns, discovering and optimizing new marketing channels, and scaling promising ones to acquire new insurance agents to the Assurance platform.
This means the ideal candidate will have a track record of success, a "performance-minded" mentality, is a lifelong learner, thrives in a fast-paced environment where they are asked to wear multiple hats, is comfortable with change and solving newfound problems independently, and has a deep bias for action.
This job requires an approach that welcomes challenges as exhilarating opportunities to overcome and achieve.
Campaign Management, analytics & reporting, copywriting, and communication skills will always be top of mind for you, as you’ll be working with project managers, developers, analysts, and outside account managers to drive agents to the Assurance platform.
This is ideal for a marketing specialist looking to cut their teeth and experience the exhilarating world of performance marketing while working in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment.
What you will do:
- Campaign manager to acquire Independent Agents through paid marketing, organic, referral, and more. You will spend most of your time (80%+) managing marketing campaigns, driving CPAs low, volume up, and conversion rate higher
- Acquire high quality insurance agents by selling the Assurance value proposition through compelling creative
- Monitor and improve the agent journey from acquisition to activation, by narrowing in on a spot in the marketing funnel and running a series of experiments to improve the conversion rate
- Strong and understandable tracking & reporting to show how your marketing campaigns are doing
- Collaborate closely with designers where together you'll push the limits of creative, ad placements, and landing pages
- Meet weekly with marketing channel account managers, working together as partners to improve the performance of marketing campaigns while discovering news
- Marketing channel testing
To be successful in this role, you ideally possess:
- 1.5+ years as a performance marketer, campaign manager, or similar direct marketing related role
- Excitement around identifying challenges and implementing solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Eager data-driven mentality with a hunger for a constant feedback loop of results
- Excellent attention to detail within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong command of SQL (Tableau or similar), Salesforce, and Salesforce marketing cloud
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
The following is highly desirable:
- Hunger and ambition
- Constantly challenging the status quo
- Practice consistently setting goals and smashing them
- Desire to build world-class products and solve extremely hard problems
- Ability to use both your left (data) and right (creativity) brain swiftly
- Prior experience in a digital marketing role (performance marketing, email marketing, content marketing)
- Experience within a startup or a company that is scaling quickly preferred
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.