Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
As a Platform Engineer on the Marketing organization in Auth0, you will create, maintain and improve the software foundations of the whole marketing team, enabling us to efficiently test ideas, scale our delivery or provide new capabilities internally and externally.
The team is built around three themes or overarching initiatives: 1) Developer Experience, 2) Operations and 3) Observability. Developer Experience talks about the ease of use, scalability and maintainability of our systems, thus providing speed to our development process through the right tools. Operations is about the availability, fast access and the resilience of our systems. And Observability is around providing the channels and frameworks required to know the current and historical status of our systems.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US, Canada or Buenos Aires.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement solutions to improve the current tooling and foundations of our web applications involving frontend and backend having in mind ease of use, scalability and reliability
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work
- Engage and actively participate into the current team processes and methodologies
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Discuss technical solutions with peers and provide innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporate these in future projects, staying ahead of the market, and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
What You Bring
- 2 or more years on similar roles, contributing to codebases within a team
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of how servers work, deployments, CI / CD (Heroku, Vercel, Linux, Github Actions, Jenkins, etc.) preferred
- Good understanding of npm and Node.js (working with a Package.json, npm script, Locks, etc.) preferred
- React knowledge (e.g. JSX, Binding, Classes, Methods, State, Hooks, etc.) preferred
- Experience integrating server-side code (Node.js, Async calls, CORS, Error Handling, etc.) preferred
- Good understanding of version control systems such as Git
- Advanced modern HTML knowledge (e.g. Valid, Semantics, Properties, APIs, etc.) preferred
- Advanced modern CSS knowledge (e.g. advanced CSS3, Flexbox, Grid, Animations, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge on modern styling solutions (Styled-JSX, Styled-Components, Emotion, etc.) preferred
- Cross-browser and cross platform development (User Agent, Stylesheets, Detection, APIs, etc.) preferred
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams in a fast-moving and dynamic business environment
- #US; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.