Are you a strong Project Manager who wants to work for a creative online travel technology company? If you love working in a friendly, flexible environment where no two days are the same, then, Expedia is looking for you! In this role, you will help us to drive our forward-thinking LPS team to achieve extraordinary results.
We are looking for a strong Project Manager who understands that success comes from coordination, oversight, and effectively delivering against timelines. The scope of this PMO role will be to provide visibility, design, standardize, and deliver against a large project plan across existing sub-projects, ensuring success.
Who You Are:
- You possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a global environment
- At least 3 years of project management experience working in a dynamic environment
- High degree of competency with project management and related methodologies including: scoping, issue & risk identification, general project management, tracking dependencies, and communication of overall project status
- Experience working with consultant teams, including coordination of multiple internal work streams with sales, services, HR, training, communications, etc.
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to facilitate the resolution of challenging business / technology problems
What You Will Do:
- You will own and develop the overall project plan
- Design easy-to-consume visual of plan and interdependencies, outlining projects / work streams in flight and those on the backlog with visibility for the overall program. Ensure that project teams and senior leaders are able to quickly see where attention and resources are placed or required
- Define consistent landmarks across projects and work with teams to implement tracking of task and delivery
- Hold owners accountable for their commitments
- Conduct project team meetings to provide status updates and identify issues
- Partner with the wider Change Management team to ensure coordination across all organizational changes and work to identify gaps and risks.
- Propose solutions (or facilitate solution identification)
- Partner with the wider Change Management team to raise risks to leadership teams as needed to garner support for changes in scope, schedule, or budget
- Adapt project plans to evolving conditions and ensure high-quality delivery
- Establish centralized source for shared information, documentation, key data points
- You will ensure that project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans are readily available for internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle
- You will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of issues related to the project
- Facilitate project meetings focused on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback, and fostering open communication within the team on project planning and execution
- Facilitate overall process improvement identified through the PMO and visibility into holistic work streams across multiple teams
Why Join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.