Product Marketing and Communications Manager
Are you passionate about data, product and user engagement? Would you thrive in a role working alongside innovative product and engineering teams to promote cutting-edge data technologies through creative story-telling? And all of that whilst working in the fast-paced, competitive, customer-focused and data-rich world of online travel?
Our mission in DSP is to make access to data undeniably easy through technology and solutions that unleash the creativity of our people to unlock the power of the world’s best travel platform. Our products are used by engineers, analysts and data scientists to process data in real-time, deliver complex analytics, and ultimately help our customers find their dream holiday or trip. Add to that our integrated, value-led partner approach and we’re able to bring forward solutions that drive decisions faster and innovation further, keeping Expedia at the forefront of technology and travel.
We are looking for an astute, consultative, passionate, and data/tech savvy individual to fill the new Product Marketing and Comms Manager role. The role is responsible for telling stories that inspire our global audience, by developing compelling and creative content to boost awareness, educate and engage audiences with our diverse product suite.
Reporting to the Director, DSP Communications, you will work closely with product managers, delivery managers, and other key stakeholders across the team.
What you'll do
- Messaging: You'll develop engaging product and business messaging that differentiates our products and clearly communicates the value to our partners across the organization based on their needs and unique opportunities.
- Content Creation and Strategy: You will create compelling written and visual content for our audiences and optimize channels using data to understand effectiveness and drive investment.
- Product Campaigns: You will develop end-to-end product launch plans, as well as ongoing product marketing. You'll set goals for each launch and define programs to reach them. You will also spearhead the development of materials in support of our product marketing, including videos, newsletter articles, blog posts, presentations, emails, and more.
- Event Management: You will support product launch and learning events, driving strong interest and attendance through creative promotion, seamless delivery, and user-centric content.
- Analytics: You'll partner with our analytics teams to build dashboards that measure success of launches and campaigns.
Who you are
- Creatively scrappy: You can produce creative artifacts (print, online, video) to support product marketing campaigns and other team initiatives.
- Strong communicator and storyteller: You know how to make complex messages compelling and easy to understand
- Innovative: You think creatively for new and unconventional ways to achieve desired outcomes
- Analytically minded: You use data analysis to make informed decisions and employ a structured approach to problem-solving
- Team-centric: Collaboration is your middle name. You are comfortable working across a global organization and do what it takes to help the team win. At the same time, your ability to inspire, motivate, and mentor others will drive up overall team competency around communication and storytelling.
- Self-motivated: You have the drive and determination to succeed despite ambiguity and enjoy building things from scratch.
- Experience: 3+ years in a communication-focused role or product marketing in a B2B environment preferred, with an emphasis on video and creative production
- Bachelor’s degree. Marketing, English, Journalism, Digital Design or similar focus preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.