Product Marketing - Head of Pricing
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com..
The Qualtrics Marketing team is looking for a senior leader to drive the company’s end-to-end pricing, packaging and business model strategy. The ideal candidate has deep subject matter expertise with pricing and packaging research studies; a strong track record of building and leading high performing teams; has a real passion for technology; is great at collaborating and driving success with a broad range of stakeholders; and loves working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate also has 10+ years of SaaS Marketing experience, including formal people management responsibilities, and has an MBA from a top tier university. This role is responsible for developing pricing and packaging strategies that position the company to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. To be successful, you must continually identify and assess new markets, product and technology opportunities, and ensure that the company’s pricing and packaging models are optimized to maximize profitability but not at the expense of market share.
Expectations for Success
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when you are exceeding your business performance goals. The Head of Pricing is responsible for partnering with the Experience Line of Business Leaders to define the product monetization strategy; delivering the product SKU plans; and driving execution to achieve long-term business goals. You will be expected to know your customers and market intimately such that you are able to define and communicate a clear, differentiated, defensible, and monetizable market position. You’ll be customer-obsessed, strategic, detail-oriented, and highly creative driving the business forward with the following primary responsibilities:
- Build the pricing and packaging plans for the respective product lines
- Monitor business metrics in regard to revenue, profitability and market share; drive changes to the pricing and packaging strategy as needed to ensure performance goals are met
- Provide company-wide leadership for the development of global pricing and packaging plans
- Drive efforts with product and business development to define an overall product and technology portfolio strategy that will drive the long term growth of the organization
- Partner with Product Marketing and Product Management on the development of all strategic product roadmaps to ensure business model alignment
- Continuous evaluation of competitive trends and adjust strategy to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace
- Analyze existing product and markets in terms of the ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and grow profitability
- Collaborate with Sales and Finance to ensure pricing and packaging plans are optimized for both sellability and profitability
- Establish effective relationship with the salesforce with expertise on our pricing and packaging strategies and how to position with customers
- Establish metrics for the measurement of pricing and packaging effectiveness
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply meaningful to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.