Product Marketing Leader at Karat
Interviews are the connective tissue between people and opportunity. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.Marketing at Karat
We are looking for a Product Marketing Leader who will be a catalyst for the development of Interview Engineering as a category. The successful candidate will think and act strategically by driving the development of a new category and positioning the Karat solution as the leader. They will also activate tactically by developing messaging and thought leadership content to providing support to sales in the form of collateral, competitive intelligence, and customized content for public promotion. They will lean on their extensive product marketing experience in the tech B2B or developer space to quickly grasp complex concepts and translate them meaningfully to our target audiences.Core Responsibilities
- Go-to-market -- Work with marketing, sales, and product leadership to develop solution positioning, packaging, and pricing that is competitive, relevant, and supports the development of the Karat brand
- Client Advisory Board -- Own the Client Advisory Board(s) and leverage them to communicate the product roadmap to client stakeholders, solicit their feedback, and reflect their input in the product roadmap and messaging
- Sales enablement -- Supporting and providing market insights and competitive insights that will drive relevant and effective sales training, assets, and messaging; produce a win/loss analysis on a regular cadence
- Competitive and market intelligence -- Actively monitor and report on competitive market changes and develop strategic plans of action for staying ahead of the curve
- Collateral development -- Develop and own solution briefs, sales decks, integration documentation, white papers, and more
- Inform product management -- Interface with product management to strategically communicate product updates externally, internally, and ensure that the product roadmap supports client needs and leads the market
- Data and insights -- Work with data operations to extract meaningful data and insights that will shape content development, contribute to collateral and sales enablement as needed
- 12 years+ in product marketing for an enterprise high ACV, strategic solutions
- Experience with developer solutions/tools and marketing to a technical buyer, including experience in a fast-growth company defining new categories and services to market is preferred
- Avid learner and listener who has a “tool box” of strategic and tactical product marketing experience
- Have a very high bar for your own work as well as the results of the work you participate in and lead
- Comfortable with owning and delivering on KPIs
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills; with a track record of publishing content
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with others in a way that supports and builds company culture, while aiding in the success of the team
- Passionate about the universal and very human experience of interviewing
- Required travel (10%)
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.