Product Marketing Manager
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
PitchBook Data is looking for a Product Manager to create go-to-market strategy and develop subject matter expertise for our industry segments. This individual will help drive compelling content and partner with sales as an industry expert to help drive growth. Role will be focused on sales enablement and product launch support. Impact measured from the role will include increasing scheduled demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close, and increasing retention and renewal rates.
This role will be working closely with sales and customer success to arm sales with competitive insights, sales materials, and materials to aid customers in gaining internal consensus. They need to be data driven, understand and have extensive experience supporting sales teams, comfortable working with/interviewing customers, and leading teams to develop strong content.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader and vertical market expert in assigned vertical/industry
- Set the strategy for assigned vertical/industry, including micro-verticals inside the vertical to target and overall go-to-market strategy
- Product positioning - articulate the value proposition, key business benefits, identify target audience and launch prospects
- Product launch – Plan the end to end launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market plan
- Messaging - Develop product messaging that differentiates the products in the market and resonates with various segments
- Sales enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales organization and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, help remove barriers, and create customer advocates
- Collateral – Develop the necessary materials to support the effective marketing of our products (product presentations, product demos and videos, whitepapers, thought leadership pieces, data sheets, objection handling, etc.)
- Data insights and analytic skills—you must be able to understand the role digital marketing plays in product awareness and lead generation for your segments- you’ll be partnering closely with Demand Generation teams to convert interested customer
- Must be curious and comfortable picking up the phone to interview customers
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years product marketing knowledge in a relevant B2B market. Demonstrated success in launching new products to market in a B2B environment, working in close partnership with the sales organization and our customers to understand pain points, objections and opportunities
- Must be a curious marketer who’s not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to our customers, learn their business, pain points, and create the bridge that clearly shows them how we can help better than any other provider
- Strong communicator with talent to make complex messages compelling and easy to understand including:
- Proven writing skills
- Great sense for aesthetics and design
- Detailed oriented and sets high threshold for quality
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to succeed
- Team player – prepared to do what it takes to meet the goals of the team
- Advanced presentation skills
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.