Product Marketing Manager
Convoy is leading a movement in efficient freight and one of the fastest-growing startups in the US. We use technology and data to solve problems of waste and inefficiency in the $800B trucking industry which generates over 76M metric tons of wasted CO2 emissions a year from empty trucks. We connect shippers to carriers to move millions of truckloads, saving money for shippers, reducing hassle for carriers, and eliminating carbon waste for our planet. Thousands of customers like Anheuser-Busch, Carlisle, GE Appliance, and Unilever trust Convoy to lower costs, increase logistics insights, and achieve their carbon reduction targets. This is your opportunity to help lead that movement and be part of a fast-growing marketing team that is literally helping to move the world forward.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will establish a narrative with customers and mold perception in the marketplace. You will mobilize sellers and partners with a consistent solution story that resonates with customers. You will find customers who should buy or use our products and compel them to do so. And you will establish and grow a perception of momentum and thought leadership at scale.
Key responsibilities include:
Convoy Product Marketing Managers are leaders who move quickly, with a focused determination to make an impact in the market. You will create clear and compelling messaging, content, and sales tools for our programs and services. Outputs include messaging docs, web content, educational/promotional content for launches, thought-leadership content (blogs, industry keynotes, webinars, customer references, case studies), sales tools (first call decks, videos, sessions for events), and content for digital campaigns designed to drive service adoption, engagement, and advocacy. Product Marketing managers are fundamentally oriented “outbound” – focused on the customers and the perception and decisions we must influence. Customers think in terms of solutions, so our PMM team will focus on the audiences we hope to influence and the decisions they need to make.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, digital marketing, brand management or communications management
- BA / BS - Engineering or Business degree or equivalent experience.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact outcomes in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Proven track record of effectively developing and implementing marketing plans that drive customer demand using a variety of Convoy marketing tools
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to fully engage with technical teams and business teams and effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description