Product Marketing Manager at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook Data is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to create go-to-market strategy and develop subject matter expertise for our VC/Startups segment. This individual will help drive compelling content and partner with sales as an industry expert to help drive growth. The PMM will be focused on developing relevant thought leadership, drive sales enablement and support product launches. Impact for this role will be measured in increasing scheduled demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close, and increasing retention and renewal rates.
This role will be working closely with sales and customer success to arm sales with competitive insights, sales materials, and materials to aid customers in gaining internal consensus. We're looking for someone who is data driven, understand and has extensive experience supporting sales teams, comfortable working with and interviewing customers, and leading teams to develop strong content.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader and vertical market expert in VC and startups
- Set the strategy for assigned vertical/industry, including micro-verticals inside the vertical to target and overall go-to-market strategy
- Product positioning - Articulate the value proposition, key business benefits, identify target audience and launch prospects
- Product launch – Plan the end to end launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market plan
- Messaging - Develop product messaging that differentiates the products in the market and resonates with various segments
- Sales enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales organization and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, help remove barriers, and create customer advocates
- Collateral – Develop the necessary materials to support the effective marketing of our products (product presentations, product demos and videos, whitepapers, thought leadership pieces, data sheets, objection handling, etc.)
- Data insights and analytic skills-you must be able to understand the role digital marketing plays in product awareness and lead generation for your segments- you'll be partnering closely with Demand Generation teams to convert interested customers
- Must be curious and comfortable picking up the phone to interview customers
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years of product marketing knowledge in a relevant B2B financial market
- Demonstrated success in launching new products to market in a B2B environment, working in close partnership with the sales organization and our customers to understand pain points, objections and opportunities
- VC/startup background and expertise required
- Must be a curious marketer who's not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to our customers, learn their business, pain points, and create the bridge that clearly shows them how we can help better than any other provider
- Strong communicator with talent to make complex messages compelling and easy to understand including:
- Proven writing skills
- Great sense for aesthetics and design
- Detailed oriented and sets high threshold for quality
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to succeed
- Team player – prepared to do what it takes to meet the goals of the team
- Advanced presentation skills
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.