Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 150+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 12,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Marketing Team’s primary responsibilities are to manage all outward-facing communications, lead demand generation efforts, create go-to-market product strategies, facilitate brand management/identity, and more. We create beautiful and effective email campaigns, social media strategies, website content, product identities, videos, and more. We identify prospects and nurture them into quality leads for our sales team. For existing clients, we help them understand and engage with our products and new features. We have fun moving projects from concept to reality, and discovering what works well to help Subsplash and our clients succeed. Plus, with a kitchen stocked full of smoothie ingredients, our team is dedicated to perfecting the ultimate Subsplash smoothie - come join us!
About the Role
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will report to the Director of Marketing, and will play an important role in the management of the product life cycle, helping Product Management make informed decisions around product/feature requirements backed by customer and market research, and ensuring a successful marketing release of high-quality digital engagement tools that meet the needs of our customers. You excel at cross-departmental collaboration and communication. You have experience mapping out strategic initiatives to ensure the effective marketing of existing products and developing go-to-market plans for new products, features, and brands. You are passionate about understanding consumer behavior and representing the voice and needs of our clients/prospects, as well as our internal teams and stakeholders. You can compile and understand the most critical metrics to make data-driven decisions, You build compelling, benefit oriented product narratives that tell the story of how Subsplash products add value—backed by critical metrics—and culminate in The Ultimate Engagement Platform™. You have the keen ability for understanding competitive landscapes and, as a result, can plan and execute effective marketing campaigns that establish a strong position for Subsplash products and brands. You have experience managing multiple business units and brands, numerous products, and complex features sets to create a seamless, cohesive, and compelling competitive narrative.
- Draft and identify insights that inform go-to-market strategies by becoming an expert on our industry, clients, products, and competitors.
- Work closely with each Product Manager to understand and enhance the product narrative and the channels in which that story is told.
- Partner across Product Management, Support and Business development to gain a 360 degree understanding of the true customer and product experience.
- Enhance our market presence and drive business growth through innovative storytelling and benefit-oriented marketing.
- Work closely with Marketing Team members to create messaging and campaigns that generate demand and drive revenue.
- Possess a high degree of understanding for all Subsplash business units, brands, products, and features and how they competitively fit into our industry and market. You know what is working well and what needs improvement.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and be a bridge between the Marketing and Product teams, as well as key stakeholders.
- Impact demand generation and inbound marketing, as well as client adoption and platform utilization.
- Work with Product Management, Business Development, and Design to inform the new product roadmap on position and price, and sell new and current offerings.
- Work within our data warehouse to understand client/prospect segments and discover marketing opportunities to expand the Subsplash brand within our industry.
- Be an expert on client churn data and prospect/client purchasing/buying behaviors.
- Attend all Product Team Sprint Reviews to gain alignment and be a marketing advocate for the Product Team and a product advocate for the Marketing Team.
- Assist Business Development teams to understand product narratives and value propositions. Sporadically you may represent our products to Subsplash clients at meetings and conferences.
- Models humility, innovation, and a drive for excellence
- 4+ years of product marketing experience within a B2B SaaS company
- Passionate about our products and how they can serve churches, ministries, and nonprofits
- Strong team collaboration and relational skills
- In-depth understanding and experience with CRMs—Salesforce, Pardot, and Hubspot are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Ability to work remotely and with remote team members
- Proven ability to problem-solve and find innovative solutions
- Strong in project management and implementing effective processes
- Experience managing multiple business units, brands, and products
- Proven ability to consolidate and manage brands and products through mergers and acquisitions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision moving projects and initiatives forward, while also regularly creating and presenting new and innovative business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field is a plus
Generous paid time off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k, generous HSA contribution, Free Smoothies and snacks, Public Transportation Subsidy
This position is classified as FTE and therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and;
Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.