Public Relations Coordinator
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, we're out to make the world a safer place. Our mission is to obsolete the bullet and protect life. As the global leader of technology for law enforcement, Axon is solving some of the world's biggest problems with a team of forward-thinking people who want to use their talents to change the world for good.
We're seeking a dynamic Public Relations Coordinator to help tell the Axon story. You'll support the Communications team from our Seattle office by finding new opportunities to share our story with the public and help respond to media requests. This is an opportunity to work across multiple teams and develop expertise in a myriad of PR and Communications functions including, public relations, event marketing, executive and corporate communications, social media and more.
Your Day to Day
- Proactively monitors the media to address any inaccuracies in articles featuring Axon
- Manages media contacts database and builds and maintains media lists
- Measures the success of PR campaigns and events and compiles PR reports
- Responsible for incoming queries via the press email box and social media channels
- Manages online media room
- Owns editorial calendar and pitches Axon for awards on a regular basis
- Responsible for a calendar of national speaking engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience in communications and public relations
- Outstanding oral and written communications abilities, strong judgement, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of PR tactics and general media relations
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Be a self-starter and enjoy simultaneously managing multiple projects
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description