Public Relations Manager, Executive Thought Leadership at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:04 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 1, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our public relations manager for executive thought leadership is a senior leadership position reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Communications, working closely with the C-suite at Convoy. This role will develop the thought leadership platform for Convoy’s CEO and senior leadership team for external audiences. The ideal candidate will create and execute innovative, strategic communications plans that span channels and formats, align with Convoy’’s business objectives and serve the company’s brand and reputation goals.
- Create an external communications plan for Convoy’s CEO, including crafting related materials -- media pitches, social media posts, opinion pieces, keynote speeches, videos and more -- and measurements for success.
- Build a meaningful executive connection with select press that yields coverage positioning Convoy leadership as experts in the freight industry.
- Develop and manage the external executive speaking platform, ensuring the inclusion of the appropriate member of Convoy's senior leadership team in identified, relevant opportunities or ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborate with internal subject-matter experts to distill complex issues into storytelling opportunities that can be leveraged by Convoy’s executive team.
- Work closely with Internal Communications to align external thought leadership platforms with respective internal communications needs.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of communications experience, including 1-2 years working in executive communications and/or corporate communications is preferred
- Extensive experience working closely with the CEO and/or senior leaders of a large organization and with multiple cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to simplify complex business language into easily consumed content
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Experience working closely with executives and developing thought leadership platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies
- Experience with community / government relations and corporate social responsibility a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!