Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Our public relations manager is a leadership position reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Communications, working closely across the marketing and executive leadership teams at Convoy. The top priority for this role will be to establish our sustainability and technology thought leadership position through the green and technology trade press and other industry influencers. You will own the vertical press strategy and coverage, drive influencer recommendations, and serve as a strategic counsel to senior leaders regarding our sustainability and technology communications strategy.
- Create the external communications strategy and build out the plan and calendar for innovation thought leadership.
- Drive media engagement campaigns that highlight the breath, diversity and success of Convoy's environmental sustainability and corporate responsibility programs.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with green and technology trade press contacts.
- Build a messaging framework that drives consistent media opportunities, supports employee engagement and reinforces our values.
- Collaborate closely with our product and engineering teams to surface trends or innovations and elevate their effort into industry-leading, data-driven storytelling.
- Partner with the vertical spokespeople for external events and announcements, providing guidance on engaging storytelling.
- Measure the share of voice amongst vertical targets and make ongoing improvements based on results.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4-8 years of PR, journalism, communications, corporate communications or related field
- Experience building scalable media programs from scratch in a startup environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to simplify complex business language into easily consumed content
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of internal comms and making data-driven decisions
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Experience working closely with executives and developing thought leadership platforms
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A track record of using traditional and emerging communication tools and technologies
- Experience with community / government relations and corporate social responsibility a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!