Sales Content Manager, Product Marketing
Come work with us
Are you excited by the idea of helping a fast-growing SaaS company strategically move sales opportunities forward? Are you passionate about empowering sales representatives with compelling stories and visual conversation aids? Are you customer-obsessed with a strong desire to help today’s enterprise organizations solve their largest and most complex problems with a differentiated and unique work execution platform? At Smartsheet you will find a company that is innovative and authentic, and filled with individuals who are driven, supported and committed to playing a major role in the company’s success. Our leadership enables an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in realizing the vision of the company.
What you’ll be doing
As the Sales Content Manager in Product Marketing, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that our sales organization is trained and ready for all marketing campaigns, product launches, and messaging as our company, product capabilities and portfolio continues to expand. We’re looking for an individual contributor who excels at thinking strategically, can build and roll out new content and programs, and can also execute in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively across the customer-facing roles in our sales and services organization, as well as our product and marketing organizations. Working closely with brand and product subject matter experts, you will create and execute integrated sales readiness plans across the entire sales organization.
To excel in this role, you are an excellent storyteller who can transform benefits and messaging into compelling value-based stories that resonate with our customers. You bring creativity and a passion for finding new ways to create captivating visual conversations, stories, and frameworks that our sales organization can use to help drive customer conversations forward. You not only understand the SaaS landscape including how we differentiate from our competition, but you also believe in Smartsheet’s mission to empower people across the globe to get from idea to impact, faster.
This position will report to our Senior Manager, Product Marketing and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing, sales, sales support, or education.
- Excellent storyteller with an understanding of solutions-based and audience-based marketing approaches.
- Creative mindset to drive the development of frameworks and new approaches to creating visual sales tools.
- Passion for deeply understanding customer pain points and a genuine desire to help our sales organization address these challenges through a customer-centric solutions and stories.
- Experience creating engaging, credible, clear, and concise sales content.
- Experience conducting competitive analysis and creating competitive positioning content.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to balance competing priorities from multiple stakeholders.
- A track record of making data-based decisions, and ability to adjust and prioritize work based on results, metrics, and feedback.
- A track record of solving complex problems, driving and demonstrating business results.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the company, working effectively with poise and executive maturity.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and a genuine interest in industry trends driving SaaS marketing.
- A passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, business and technical elements.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all deliverables.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- B.A./B.S. Degree required, M.B.A. preferred.
- Experience in a sales and/or learning role.
- Experience delivering training sessions.
- Experience as an enterprise sales rep or customer success manager.
- Experience using Smartsheet.
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Over 75,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Smartsheet is used by over 50% of the Fortune 500 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Benefits & Perks
Take advantage of Smartsheet's lucrative incentive plans and competitive base salary. Additionally, we offer comprehensive medical/dental/vision with fully paid premiums for you and your dependents, fifteen vacation days per year to start (with unlimited rollover), flexible sick time, 10 paid holidays, paid parental leave, 401k, tax-free funds for parking or your commute, adjustable desks, crazy fast computers, and dual monitors for everyone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.--