Senior Content Marketing Manager, Growth
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
The Glowforge community is a large, passionate, and diverse group of customers who are beyond the moon about their new laser-fueled superpowers, and the Growth team is focused on bringing more and more passionate people into this community every day.
We drive the customer journey - from the moment they hear about Glowforge through a friend or an advertisement, through their learning process, and right up until the Glowforge lands on their door. Often, our customers don’t even realize how much Glowforge could change their lives. It’s our job to show them the breadth of what is possible - from a creative birthday present to a home-reorganization to building their very own business and fulfilling life-long dreams.
We need your creative ideas, keen analysis, and quick actions to reach even more individuals. You have the expertise to turn data into ideas, the passion to stay up to date on changes in customer marketing, and the brilliant and creative ‘what-if’ thoughts of how to reach more customers. With your guidance, we can build our growth efforts and achieve what we all know is possible - bringing creativity to the home of millions of people.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
Understanding how to communicate laser superpowers through fantastic content is no small feat. How do you turn actual magic into pictures? Words? Videos?
There are complexities about explaining the magic of the Glowforge - from laser-power technology to the breadth of what you can make, to how it will improve every day lives, and how many different types of customers we have. We need you to take on this complexity and lead the team to create a can’t-put-it-down, must-learn-more content that makes Glowforge a household name.
As a senior marketing manager at Glowforge, it will be a constant challenge to design and execute on new experiments - new channels, new tactics, new creative - ensure we’re reaching our business and customer goals. You’ll curate out-of-this-world content for ads, build out email campaigns that continue our tradition of astronomical open-rates and CTRs, and work with our product team to create high-engagement site content.
More Specifically, You'll Lead:
- Content strategy for Glowforge Growth efforts - the channels, tactics, and results.
- Cross-team efforts to create content - working with writers, photographers, designers, agencies, and more to ensure we have a constant barrage of impressive visuals, words, gifs, videos, posts, articles, and more that we can use to explain the magic of Glowforge.
- All of our unpaid content campaigns - social channel growth, email marketing, off-site content marketing (thought-leadership posts, co-branded awareness campaigns, etc).
- Content for key Glowforge audiences - partnering with other members of the product and marketing teams to build outreach campaigns and on-site content that speaks to key groups who would benefit from having a Glowforge.
- Identifying other content-focused creative ways we can reach our customers (that impact our growth numbers in step-function ways - not just iterative ways).
- Executing on and reporting out on what you test - including sharing this data in a way that is easy to understand by executives across the company.
- Vendor relationships - when we need an extra writer, a photographer, a videographer - you’ll identify what we need, reach out to them, and work with them to create the content Glowforge needs to be effective.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of with product marketing responsibility in a fast-paced company environment.
- You’re an authority on content channels - Email campaigns, On-site content marketing, Social campaigns, and more.
- You’re analysis-obsessed and have been told it’s a strength throughout your career. ESP Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau (or similar tools) - all daily tools for you.
- You’ve managed creative agencies, vendors and know how to be an effective partner and hold them to high standards
It Would Be Nice If...
- You have both startup and big company experience
- You have experience with software, hardware, and B2C products.
- You’ve identified and executed on creative content campaigns - outside the norm
- You consider yourself a crafter, maker, designer, or artists, and love to create things yourself
- Have worked in a start-up or small, fast growing company
In your cover letter, in-addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about a campaign or channel that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
Read Full Job Description