Senior Copywriter, Marketing
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products in the world. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every single day.
Our Creative Team at Remitly is responsible for creative strategy, concept development, and messaging for our marketing and advertising materials, including, but not limited to website, videos, campaigns, landing pages, display ads, social content, email, and things we haven’t even thought of yet. We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who can help us tell our story in a compelling, fresh way to drive growth on a global scale.
What you’ll be doing
A typical day at Remitly may find you thinking up new digital ads that change how people think about financial services, drafting subject line and body copy for email, writing videos, or describing how Remitly changed someone’s life. In short, you will translate opportunities and challenges into brilliant marketing materials that connect with consumers in meaningful ways.
Like the rest of the Marketing Team, you will use market and customer data to develop relevant output that drives results. You’ll be expected to learn about and understand our audience — all segments — and champion their point of view. And you will need to manage a fast-paced, dynamic workload with timely delivery.
- Ensure all consumer-facing writing is insight-driven, on brand, and driving results
- Establish and evolve our global copywriting standards and practices for the whole Marketing team
- Partner with marketers, designers, and developers to ensure input and briefs into marketing are actionable, clear, and insightful
- Work as an editor to internal and external partners when needed, providing narrative and structural feedback
- Research and keep a pulse on trends, issues, and topics that matter most to Remitly’s key audiences around the world
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an advertising agency and/or in-house marketing team
- Proven expertise and knowledge of best-practices for mobile-first digital marketing: marketing website, digital advertising, email, and social
- Consumer brand experience a must; digital brand preferred
- A highly-developed instinct to be able to balance brand goals with performance goals
- An understanding of A/B testing and validation
- Ability to operate without strict guidance or structure and manage your own workload
- A passion for people, communication, marketing, and storytelling
- An understanding and sensitivity of various cultures and trends
- A positive attitude
- Thick skin and grit — so you can succeed in a sometimes-crazy (but fun) work environment
- A problem with settling for less-than-great
- The ability to clearly articulate (and teach) your approach/thinking
- The ability to work in Seattle, collaborate with the team, and meet deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate in other languages a plus, but not a requirement
If you think you’re the right person for this role, please send us your resume, a link to a portfolio of recent work, and a cover letter/email.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.