Senior Director, Marketing Operations
You: We are looking for someone to lead Apptio’s Marketing Operations team and further its mission to provide capabilities and insights that empower the business to operate with increased effectiveness, efficiency, and scale. You are a collaborative leader with a proven track record in using data, technology, and process to drive business growth. You can balance an analytical, data-driven mindset with the ability to relate to a variety of personalities across a variety of roles. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and you can work seamlessly across all vectors to influence business direction and facilitate change.
Us: This position will be a key member of the Marketing leadership team. We are a highly collaborative and results-oriented department in a high growth company that is transforming how the world’s businesses manage their technology investments.
What we want you to do:
- Serve as Chief of Staff to CMO
- Leverage data insights and personal experience to advise Marketing leadership on a range of topics.
- Drive standard cadence of operational meetings to maintain alignment, transparency, and accountability across variety of key business priorities and stakeholders.
- Provide reporting and insights on business performance
- Maintain standardized business dashboards, providing insights and focus across key “revenue engine” performance indicators related to reach, conversion, velocity, value, and return of activities and investments.
- Leverage performance and financial data to optimize Marketing’s mix of investments, reducing cost of acquisition and ensuring focus on key business priorities.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to support a broad range of business objectives.
- Partner with Enterprise Data Architecture team to mature company-wide Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Manage MarTech and data infrastructure
- Administrate key Marketing business applications such as Marketo, Outreach, 6sense, Workfront, Allocadia, QBank DAM, etc.; participate in cross-functional Salesforce governance and maturity roadmap.
- Partner with Marketing leadership to drive continued digital transformation across Marketing and the enterprise.
- Programmatic improvement of Apptio’s account and contact database through in-house and 3rd party resources. Partner with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success functions to refine data management roles and responsibilities. Mature offshore strategy for scaling data augmentation and management.
- Partner with peers across Apptio to develop and maintain a wide range of operational processes governing data, reporting, technology infrastructure, and more.
- Oversee financial management processes
- Oversee and optimize budgeting and forecasting processes to foster incrementally better accuracy, transparency, and agility.
- Maintain contract and vendor management processes to ensure a healthy supply chain.
- Provide TBM Council revenue forecasting, optimizing processes across Marketing, Accounting, and Finance functions.
- Grow and mature PMO function
- Continue to improve standard work practices, streamlining the way Marketing collectively delivers against its highest priorities.
- Mature labor and capacity planning, improving the way we manage our limited capacity against infinite demand.
- Partner with Marketing leadership to manage agencies and other outside resources to provide scale and leverage.
- Facilitate annual planning process
- Coordinate across Marketing, Sales, and Partner functions to develop demand gen investment plans that drive future business growth and operational efficiency aligned with Apptio’s broader corporate strategies.
- Develop demand generation and investment models that explore multiple scenarios across multiple geographies and go-to-market motions. Advise on related risks and dependencies.
- Partner with Finance and Marketing leadership to develop a comprehensive financial plan that supports business growth within a target expense envelope. This plan will include funding for marketing programs, travel, and labor, including mapping out future hiring plans.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing or Business Operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; B2B SaaS experience a plus
- Background & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a high performance team
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal) along with ability to collaborate internally or cross group while at the same time building credible relationships
- Strong passion for both client satisfaction and achieving business objectives and the ability to balance the two
- Ability to improve processes, manage change, and drive enablement and adoption
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills, solid judgment, and accustomed to acting with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task, deal effectively with ambiguity, and self-prioritize under pressure
- Strong leadership skills with servant leadership mentality
- A team player
- Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with a broad range of best-in-breed Marketing technologies. Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, and predictive technologies is a plus.
- Programmatic development and managing an account & contact database at scale
- Experience with financial planning, management, & forecasting processes. Background in basic accounting principles a plus.
- Can scale development and analysis of demand and pipeline generation (i.e. revenue engine) reporting related to reach, conversion, velocity, value, and return of activities and investments across Marketing, Sales, and Partner functions
- Experience facilitating an annual planning process, including demand and investment mix modelling. Experience with planning across multiple geographies and go-to-market motions a plus.
- Mastery of lead management best practices, such as Sirius Decision’s Demand Waterfall
- Possess an understanding of key project management fundamentals. Experience with labor demand and capacity planning a plus.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.