Senior Director of Marketing at DreamBox Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 p.m. (PST) on Friday, December 6, 2019
STEM skills are increasingly important to our future workforce, yet more than 60% of students in kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math within their own grade-level. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and reaching their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology that inspires students and empowers teachers.
At DreamBox, we’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 3 million kids and over 130,000 teachers improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
About the Role:
DreamBox Learning is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to help lead our marketing team and support the development and execution of Go-To-Market, brand and demand generation strategies. The Senior Director of Marketing will play a critical leadership role in fulfilling and accelerating the company's growth and impact goals, working closely with our sales organization, and will report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing.
We are looking for a purpose-driven marketing professional and inspiring leader with outstanding marketing instincts, abilities and leadership skills, who has a natural bias towards helping technology companies grow and scale to achieve top and bottom-line results. Our candidate has broad and deep experience across marketing disciplines, including demand generation, brand marketing and product marketing, as well as rich knowledge using the latest in digital marketing and high-touch engagement techniques, with a proven track record of driving business results, including client acquisition and retention, through bold and creative marketing programs. This person must be extremely collaborative, have a metrics-driven mindset, a high bar for quality, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic marketing leader to work with great people, support aggressive business growth, and make a true impact with the next generation of teachers, students, and administrators.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and programs that align with sales, drive brand engagement, market demand, and sustainable long-term sales and profitability
- Collaborate across teams to build and deliver timely and integrated marketing plans, GTM campaigns, and alignment to support business objectives and the functional teams that interact with the market
- Help drive and implement demand generation and account-based marketing strategies to support pipeline contribution, build c-suite relationships, and achieve revenue targets
- Find innovative ways to connect with target audiences and increase brand awareness across multiple platforms, including digital and offline
- Analyze and disseminate results, evaluate marketing effectiveness and ROI of marketing programs to drive marketing investments and productivity
- In partnership with product management, support market and customer research collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Work with the SVP of Marketing to lead, mentor, and inspire the marketing team, while infusing best practices based on qualitative insight, a data-driven mindset, and effort towards continuous improvement
- Cultivate effective relationships with internal stakeholders to ignite action that will grow the business
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
About Your Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred
- Experience in the EdTech industry a plus
- Minimum 12+ years of professional experience in B2B marketing strategy, branding, thought leadership, product positioning and demand generation, with demonstrated proficiency in developing marketing programs to acquire and retain business
- Success in building marketing strategies that deliver on sales and growth priorities
- Proven developer of people and talent, with at least 7 years’ experience managing, growing, and leading a team of high-performing individuals
- Expert in positioning products and services with compelling messaging and storytelling that resonates with the full customer experience
- Seasoned at creating organizational alignment and action around marketing metrics, measurement, reporting, and automation
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce and marketing automation tools is strongly preferred
- Experience working with PE-backed companies a plus
Read Full Job Description