Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
We think carriers and drivers are trucking awesome. They move our country forward and deserve more respect and appreciation than they receive today. We love solving problems to make life on the road hassle-free for drivers, maximizing earnings with full trucks on the lanes they like to run. We love rolling up our sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our team’s goal is to build the most robust and engaged carrier base in the freight industry.
At the highest level, your mission in carrier marketing is to improve the lives of the more than two million US truck drivers. As a senior member of the carrier marketing team, you will be responsible for growing healthy truckload supply for Convoy by engaging our existing carrier base, playing a critical role in fueling the world’s leading digital freight network.
- Own the plan and strategy for carrier engagement
- Segment and define our customer base
- Ideate and implement lifecycle marketing campaigns, partnering with our digital marketing and product management teams to leverage paid and owned media and in-product placements to engage and reactivate carriers
- Design robust, data-driven experiments to optimize carrier engagement, and then work with our partners in product management and data science to automate successful outcomes
- Create innovative, novel marketing campaigns that break through to engage and delight carriers in our network
- Build playbooks for rapidly responding to different supply-building scenarios, deploying activities across a variety of marketing vehicles, and also leveraging activities from customer service, operations, and our products
- Manage carrier education programs designed to increase activation, engagement, and retention
- Report on carrier engagement and program outcomes in weekly, monthly, and quarterly leadership reviews
We're looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in growth, lifecycle, or product marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A thorough understanding of customer segmentation and lifecycle stages
- A broad understanding of marketing levers and programs, particularly email, push notifications, and in-app notifications
- The ability to mentally shift gears, from building an informed, high level strategy to diving into the details while executing at a high bar
- A successful track record of working cross functionally with a diverse stakeholder group (technical, creative, operational) and bringing out the best in others
- A zest for operating in uncharted territory, carving out success where few have gone before
- Experience working with tech companies is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!