Senior Internal Communications Manager at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Senior Internal Communications Manager is responsible for the business of internal communications, including writing on behalf of C-suite leaders, managing an employee intranet, hosting All-Hands meetings and designing a communications plan tied to the company's culture, values and business initiatives.
The Marketing Team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to increase brand awareness and support our Sales and Customer Success departments to grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing Team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the company's internal communications strategy that is designed to:
- Foster employee connection to the business, culture and each other.
- Increase leadership visibility and connection.
- Increase awareness and affinity of our employer brand.
- Manage employee intranet, taking lead on generating new engagement ideas, developing content strategy and supporting employee engagement initiatives.
- Take lead on partnering directly with Executive Team on all communication content, including but not limited to PowerPoint decks, speeches, website bios, organizational messages, quarterly results emails, All-Hands broadcasts, employee engagement events, etc.
- Lead and generate new ideas for communicating critical business updates and increasing transparency into department- and company-wide strategic priorities.
- Ability to write in a variety of voices and styles, ensuring a "company voice" permeates in messaging to employees and stakeholders.
- High-level of enthusiasm to work on Executive projects, often in a deadline-driven environment.
- Assist with confidential HR initiatives, including acquisitions, leadership appointments and employee relations.
- Partner with Marketing and HR Team on joint initiatives.
- Travel as required to PitchBook offices and events to support C-Suite executives.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
- Manage goals and team OKRs as well as reporting to ensure progress on key initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, PR or Journalism.
- 3-5 years of internal communications experience, preferably within a corporate environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with 2-3+ years writing experience for executives, company-wide communications, or PR-related content (i.e. press releases, pitches, award applications, bylines).
- Strong command of technical publishing tools (SharePoint, Marketo, Microsoft Office).
- Passionate about testing new ideas and playing an active role in executing against them.
- Comfortable both coaching senior leaders and serving as an embedded presence within the company culture.
- Proven initiative, judgment, discretion and project management abilities with a focus on accuracy.
- Experience in the technology industry preferred as well as human resources.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.