Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for an exceptional analytical leader to unlock the full potential of our data and lead a program to optimize the price offered to customers. Having recently closed Series D funding, we are still a startup but with the scale and data to take our business to the next level.
Remitly’s Marketing Analytics Team is the core of our data driven growth. We build analytics products that scale across the organization, utilize data to drive growth within business lines, and provide the core business intelligence/metrics for the Growth team.
What you’ll be doing:
This role will be responsible for owning and improving our Marketing data pipeline, schemas, and reporting. This will include the management of numerous data sources including third party. You will partner with the Marketing Platform and Data Engineering teams to understand both internal and external data pipelines as well as understand the common questions and business needs of Marketing. With this, you’ll create data schemas that enable more efficient self-service analytics. Additionally, you will own the reporting needs for all of Marketing.
In this role, you’ll be both an individual contributor and a people manager. You operate comfortably in R, Python, SQL, Excel, and other analytical tools and are able to elevate the skills of others. You’ll leverage this to build analytical solutions and enable other to do so.
- Develop business requirements/design of Marketing team data schema to answer common business questions
- Contribute to data pipeline and data schema development
- Develop simple yet powerful reporting and metrics to enable Marketing to make fast and accurate business decisions
- Make build or buy decisions around presentation layer and other reporting tools; guide improvements within our current reporting suite
- Manage and develop other analysts including technical skills such as SQL, R, and Python
- 4+ years’ experience in a data/analytics role
- Expertise in SQL, R, Python, Excel, and Statistical Analysis
- People management experience
- Ability to start from a white space problem and develop hypotheses, an analytical framework, and develop a well written recommendation
- Ability to review other analysts work and provide not only feedback but solutions and mentorship that develops new skillsets
- Ability to communicate data-based decisions to individual contributors as well as leadership. You are able to articulate clearly and defend your decision-making process
- Entrepreneurial, meaning you are able to do a lot with a little. You are scrappy, creative, and think of creative solutions in a constrained environment. You would need to have a high degree of ownership and good judgment
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.