Senior Manager, Online Marketing at Expedia Group
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
If you are seeking a collaborative, rewarding, and dynamic learning environment, you will love Hotwire’s Growth Marketing team. Growth Marketing includes SEM, SEO, Metasearch, Display, and Online Partner Marketing. We need extraordinarily driven people to transform our team.
Interested in an inherently collaborative role that gives you tremendous organizational exposure with senior leaders within the company? Your efforts will guide the team to improve company revenue, reduce cost, increase customer engagement, and enhance the value of the Hotwire Brand.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with Product, Software Engineering, Marketing Business and Strategy teams and share results in Marketing Councils and Product Reviews
- Coach and mentor your team who are responsible for crafting business cases, operational tests and growth strategies
- Be responsible for contributing to analytics, product development and operations in key areas of growth marketing; including pricing and price display, machine learned inventory mapping, statistics and tools for fast-paced test-and-learn and more
- Identify and resolve issues that may impair a team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using hard data, machine learning and data mining techniques to extract insights to see beyond the numbers
- Collaborate with marketing operations to ensure proper tracking and tagging to support the partnership
- Be responsible for the channel strategy and business development and finding new methods to grow the channels
Who You Are:
- You are a critical thinker with strong operating skills including proficiency in Agile methodology
- Significant and proven industry experience in running business or marketing channels, preferably in critical areas of e-commerce
- Experience building and defending data models used for testing strategies and operational execution
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, highly valued
- Proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
What You Bring:
- At least 10 years of experience in online marketing channels, specifically Metasearch, comparison site or product listing management, SEM, and display
- You have experience in balancing transaction growth versus meeting ROAS/ROI targets in your channels
- The ability to build forecasts and report against those - you are a whiz with SQL and retrieving your own data if needed, in addition to MS Excel and PowerPoint
- You have conducted projects across departments, including collaborations with product, tech, and data science
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.