Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
The Customer Marketing team is dedicated to creating effortless member experiences that help educate and support our members. As a Senior Marketing Specialist, you’ll report directly to the Head of Customer Marketing and you’ll be responsible for implementing communication channels that engage and retain half a million pet owners.
We are looking for a gritty marketer who has a bias for action and the hustle to get stuff done, as well as a mindset that can deliver both creativity and data-based decision making.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As a member of the Customer Marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the rapid growth of our company. You will be the technical expert, building digital communications that deliver results. You will be responsible for Trupanion’s operations of core communication channels- email, text and push notifications. You will work with a team of marketers delivering an exceptional experience for our members, strong results for our business, in a high-performing environment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own the full production process: planning, creating, scheduling, testing for email, SMS, and push notifications
- Drive member engagement and retention through a strategic approach to message cadence and preference
- Partner with IT teams to own core marketing technology platforms
- Leverage A/B testing, segmentation, and behavioral targeting to maximize engagement
- Be a leader and resource in the digital communications space
Leadership of Others:
While this role won’t have direct reports to start, there are significant growth opportunities.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant marketing experience
- Email marketing experience required
- Marketo experience preferred
- Strong command of HTML/CSS required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
You’ll be successful if you can:
- Use data to make decisions and drive performance
- Leverage experience to drive innovation
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Lean in to a strong attention to detail
- Seamlessly lead several projects at once
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.