At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
At PitchBook we have been hard at work redefining our brand and now it is time to bring it to life. This role will be responsible for lighting up the PitchBook brand promise across the entirety of the customer journey, defining and owning own how the PitchBook brand resonates in every customer touchpoint and across every department – including Sales, Customer Success, Product, Editorial, Research, and Marketing.
If you are a marketing leader who embodies "Customers are King," shines while building something from the ground up, has strong cross-group collaboration skills, and can successfully impact and influence at all levels of the company, then this job is for you! Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand, you are joining a leadership team with a 2021 mandate to take the PitchBook brand to the next level.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The leader in this role will have 3 primary areas of responsibility:
Customer Journey Mapping and Ownership
This person will define and map the customer journey in partnership with product, sales, and customer success. Once mapped, this person will identify key customer touch points and ensure that these touch points are quantified and optimized for their relative impact on customer conversion, engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty.
Segmentation and Customer Personas
This person will develop the strategy for building segmentation and customer personas and manage the body of research associated with this strategy. Based on this work, this person will help develop the right message for the right customer at the right time and ensure these messages are well-executed and able to be measured for customer impact.
Internal Brand Activation
This person will roll out the redefined PitchBook brand within the organization and ensure that the brand is properly represented in all touchpoints identified and prioritized within the customer journey. As a steward of the brand, this person will be the "go-to" for PitchBook employees; a trusted advisor on how the brand promise comes to life across many PitchBook departments including product, sales, and customer success.
Across these 3 areas of responsibility, duties will include:
- Leveraging insights from existing customer research and leading additional consumer research, including focus groups and online surveys, in support of deepening our understanding of the PitchBook customer and their journey
- Working cross-functionally to activate a cohesive and compelling brand experience to our target customer to build awareness, engagement, and loyalty
- Building strong working relationships with leaders across the business to execute and iterate on marketing initiatives
- Sharing relevant industry and marketing trends with the broader organization
- Supporting the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participating in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of marketing experience, primarily B2B, in a discipline that is highly customer centric such as brand management, product marketing or audience marketing
- Team leadership experience preferred
- Experience mapping the customer journey and developing and implementing customer segments and personas
- Deep understanding of the importance of brand and experience with brand marketing in some capacity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be adapted for audiences at all levels across the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders across diverse teams at all levels of the company, including executives
- Experience successfully scaling a variety of marketing programs across global channels
- Ability to extract insights from multiple data sources and translate them into actionable and measurable strategies and plans designed to build a lasting brand
- Strong ability to challenge the status quo and pursue new ways of thought
- Passionate about developing and testing new ideas that will help our customers win
- Highly self-motivated and will thrive in ambiguity, in an environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience successfully managing external vendors and agencies
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.