At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
At PitchBook we have been hard at work redefining our brand and now it is time to bring the brand to life. This role will be responsible for activating the PitchBook brand promise through our sports partnerships, primarily with the Seattle Kraken. As the official suite level sponsor of Climate Pledge Arena and the Kraken's exclusive data provider, we are looking for the right person to help us elevate our brand through this unique partnership.
If you are a marketing leader who embodies "Customers are King," shines while building something from the ground up, loves working with partners, and truly understands the importance of brand, then this job is for you! Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand, you are joining a team with a mandate to take the PitchBook brand to the next level.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The brand marketer in this role will have 3 primary areas of responsibility:
Brand Activation Strategy and Program Development
This person will develop and manage all of PitchBook's brand marketing programs that involve our sports partners. They will be responsible for defining the strategy and KPIs, then building and executing a marketing plan that activates that strategy.
Brand Program Measurement
This person will be responsible for measuring the success and ROI of PitchBook's brand programs activated through and with our sports partnerships. This will involve measuring key brand KPIs, sharing these with the company, and regularly evaluating and improving our brand program effectiveness.
This person will own the day to day relationship with PitchBook's sports partners. They will focus on understanding each partner's brand, educating each partner about PitchBook's brand, and ensuring the partnership is delivering optimal benefit for all parties. They will also be responsible for managing the day to day relationship with our agency partner.
Across these 3 areas of responsibility, duties will include:
- Having a deep understanding of the PitchBook brand foundation, including mission, vision, promise and positioning
- Working cross-functionally to activate a cohesive and compelling brand experience to our target customer to build awareness, engagement, and loyalty
- Collaborating within the marketing team to develop content and creative that brings the PitchBook brand promise to life and ensure that this promise is activated and measured across all channels
- Partnering with PitchBook's sports marketing agency partner to ensure development, activation, and measurement of successful brand marketing programs
- Managing key deliverables for our sports partnerships so that programs are developed and delivered on time and within budget
- Supporting the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participating in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 4-7 years of marketing experience, primarily B2B, in a discipline that is highly customer centric such as brand management, product marketing or audience marketing
- Experience developing and executing varied content and programs across a wide range of marketing channels
- Deep understanding of the importance of brand and experience with brand marketing in some capacity
- Experience with partnership marketing and/or experience working with partners towards shared outcomes
- Keen eye for detail and track record of executional excellence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can be adapted for audiences at all levels across the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with and influence stakeholders across diverse teams at all levels of the company
- Understanding of how to measure the success of top-of-funnel marketing programs and translate those measurements into actionable strategies and plans designed to build a lasting brand
- Ability to challenge the status quo and pursue new ways of thought
- Passionate about developing and testing new ideas that will help our customers win
- Highly self-motivated and will thrive in ambiguity, in an environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience successfully managing external vendors and agencies
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.