Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
Companies like The Home Depot, Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, LG, Niagara Water, and Blue Dog Bakery all have one thing in common. They need to ship products between their warehouses and to their customers. Our digital freight network finds truck drivers across the country to haul their shipments. But how do these shippers find out about Convoy in the first place? That’s where the shipper marketing team comes in.
We’re a small team responsible for three big things:
1. We drive awareness of Convoy with manufacturers and retailers that need to ship their products. This work includes our PR and analyst relations strategies, digital and offline advertising campaigns, brand awareness partnerships, trade shows, webinars, and inbound marketing.
2. We drive shipper acquisition at the top of the funnel. Specifically, we bring in new sales opportunities through a combination of inbound marketing and outbound prospecting, working in partnership with our sales development team and account executives.
3. We drive shipper engagement and retention across our products and programs. Once companies start shipping with Convoy, we work with the product team and account management to educate shippers about Convoy’s other freight services and product capabilities.
We partner with teams across Convoy, and work most closely with the sales development, shipper sales, product, and engineering teams.
You’re a fun, wicked-smaht, down-to-earth marketer with experience in growth and product marketing. You’ve got a fantastic attitude and a passion for cool, nerdy technology. You’re optimistic in the face of tough challenges and you’re comfortable with what you do and don’t know. Your work ethic may have been described in the past as borderline-obsessive, but you also know how to detach from the day-to-day madness of the job and have fun with the team.
- Create core messaging. Specifically, you may be writing positioning frameworks, product sheets, buyer insight documents, and other materials to help ensure we understand our customers and consistently position our products.
- Run competitive research. You’ll keep tabs on other players in truckload freight, providing insights to our product team and creating messaging and campaigns to help Convoy stay ahead in the market.
- Write content. Think web pages, blog posts, press releases, white papers, case studies, executive briefs, FAQs, email campaigns, call scripts, and more. You need to be a solid writer to succeed in this role.
- Present Convoy to prospective customers. You’ll speak on our webinars. And someday (hopefully soon) when trade shows return, you’ll be onstage at various industry events.
- Launch product and campaigns. You’ll build our go-to-market strategy, manage our product launch plans, and create lifecycle marketing campaigns, working with our friends on the digital marketing and product teams.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Technical chops. Marketing Convoy effectively requires you to understand the product at a fairly deep level. So if you’ve done technical marketing or evangelism for B2B tech companies in the past, we should probably chat.
- Great written and verbal communication. Once you have a great understanding of our product, you’ll need to effectively communicate its value to audiences with varying degrees of technical depth. We’re looking for someone who writes well and knows how to give great presentations and demos.
- A PhD in GSD (Gettin’ Stuff Done). We’re looking for an execution machine—someone who can get a lot of stuff done on their own, who can thrive amid ambiguity, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work long hours to churn out great marketing work.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!