Senior Product Marketing Manager, Security
As a Product Marketing Manager for Security at ExtraHop, you will be own key aspects of ExtraHop’s security business and its marketing activities. We’re looking for someone who wants to build the next big business at for ExtraHop, isn’t afraid of a highly visible role, and can establish ExtraHop as a leader within the security market.
This position requires a solid understanding of Security and analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to understand market needs, work with customers, sales, product management and other stakeholders to develop and clearly articulate the unique value that ExtraHop provides and clearly articulate market need to the company. This encompasses product positioning, messaging, product strategy, collateral creation, and execution of product marketing programs.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates ExtraHop in the market
- Ensure that messaging resonates with customers, analysts and sales
- Ensure that the message is consistent with the corporate brand yet specifically tuned to the markets in which ExtraHop operates and for which the products are targeted
- Effectively communicate ExtraHop’s position to sales, channel partners, customers, and analysts
- Create sales tools and training:
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling of ExtraHop’s products
- Create customer case studies with input from sales team to document application stories for key target customers and train sales team on the concepts
- Conduct competitive analysis/market research:
- Develop and produce market research insight reports and detailed sales ready competitive analysis (products and technology). Work with product management and field teams to develop messaging and material to help position ExtraHop in the minds of the buyers
- Identify new key use cases and markets for ExtraHop products and solutions
- Develop compelling content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing
- Help conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand
- Responsible for collecting the requisite content for inclusion on the ExtraHop’s web from others in the organization and work with our webmaster to ensure high SEO ratings based on content and keeping that content current
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with B2B technology companies
- Solid understanding of security and IT infrastructure
- Experience with Security, Infrastructure and cloud tools
- Experience working with sales, customers, and analysts in presenting the company position and products
- Experience in marketing products and services to enterprises, service providers, and channel partners
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party agencies
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willing to travel 15% (US travel)
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in B2B enterprise technology marketing
- Technical aptitude coupled with an enthusiasm for technology and the ability to translate this into compelling narratives
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to create exceptional content and comfortably engage with sales, customers, and partners
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- MBA is a plus
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader with a novel approach to Security and IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $20B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law