Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
We think carriers and drivers are trucking awesome. They move our country forward and deserve more respect and appreciation than they get today. We love solving problems to make life on the road hassle-free for drivers, maximizing earnings with full trucks on the lanes they like to run. We roll up our sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our team’s goal is to build the most robust and engaged carrier base in the freight industry.
About the role:
This is a role to lead classic product marketing for Convoy’s carrier and driver business. At the highest level, your mission in carrier marketing is to improve the lives of the more than three million US truck drivers. As a senior member of the carrier marketing team, you will be responsible for driving a broad range of customer outcomes across awareness, perception, understanding, and adoption, all while playing a critical role in fueling the world’s leading digital freight network.
- Position and craft messaging for Convoy’s carrier products, features, and services, and ensure its adoption among internal and external audiences
- Run robust, cross-functional go-to-market (GTM) campaigns to launch new Convoy products and services
- Identify trends in the industry and Convoy’s data to craft storytelling that will resonate with press, customers, partners, and employees
- Ideate and run creative, impactful campaigns that celebrate carriers
- Design and manage customer surveys, and share findings with key stakeholders and leadership
- Share qualitative and quantitative customer insights with product management to help inform our product roadmaps
- Write content to support the positioning you’ve developed, including web pages, blogs, and in-product placements
We're looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in product marketing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presenting, content development, and editing
- A proven track record of partnering with product management, influencing roadmaps, and bringing products to market
- The ability to use insights to develop solutions and compelling value propositions to solve customer pain points
- A history of running successful go-to-market (GTM) campaigns, integrated marketing, and launch plans for a variety of products, programs, or services
- A broad understanding of marketing and advertising levers and programs, spanning all channels, digital and physical
- The ability to mentally shift gears, from building an informed, high level strategy to diving into the details while executing at a high bar
- A successful track record of working cross functionally with a diverse stakeholder group (technical, creative, operational) and bringing out the best in others
- Experience working with tech companies is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!