Senior Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You're a Sr. Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who knows how to find the message in any product. You see it clearly - that crisp handful of words that boils down the complexity of your product into something compelling and unchallenged. You love understanding the competition and outsmarting their every move. You can keenly look at a market and understand how our products can be positioned to win, with the ability to seamlessly move between strategy and tactical execution. . You're fascinated and passionate by experimentation, testing, and iteration. You're scrappy and unconventional. And most importantly, you know how to connect with customers.
Pretty standard, right?
The difference here is the mission. The last few years have been brutal for public safety. Officers and community relationships are strained like never. Violent crime is spiking as every policing decision is scrutinized. Axon is going to help. We're offering body cameras to every officer in the United States so we can all get to the truth faster. We're going to use the power of video and A.I. to eliminate paperwork in policing, so officers can triple the time they spend establishing relationships and serving their communities. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete by less-lethal TASER smart weapons.
So the PMM description may sound standard, but we need you to be smarter, more creative and on a steeper trajectory than others in your field. We need your help protect life in public safety for officers and the communities they serve.
Your Day to Day
- Own Go-to-Market – you will be in charge of developing, executing, measuring, reporting and fine-tuning your product strategy as you drive adoption at each stage of their life-cycle.
- Know the Market – you are obsessed about customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; you are the authority on your competition and how to leapfrog them. You understand how to war-game, and run effective competitive campaigns and have the battle scars to prove it.
- Tell a Story – you will be in charge of product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products to our customers in compelling ways. You will aim far and are willing to break the rules of communication to get the job done.
- Communicate Results – you will dive deep into data and create a framework to measure ROI effectiveness for all of you GTM programs, track results and continually optimize.
- Packaging – you understand the need for things to make sense across a bold and unique product portfolio. And you know how to work with all sorts of product manager personalities and sales executives to generate excitement for your vision of how things should be.
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, ideally at a SaaS company
- Experience launching new products into an established software category
- Proven ability to drive comprehensive market and competitive research
- Experience developing pricing models
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- Resourceful/scrappy - ability to deliver out sized results in light of inevitable resource constraints
- Proven ability to convey complex concepts in simple terms
- Superior written communication skills - you should be a master storyteller
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Startup experience
- Willing to travel 15%, including international
- Experience disrupting an existing category with superior technology
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description