Senior Sales Marketing Manager
Are you an analytical, ambitious, and creative marketing professional? Expedia Media Solutions is looking for a Senior Sales Marketing Manager to help us grow our onsite media business globally with a focus on sales channel optimization. The position requires working closely with partners across multiple teams to ensure that we are presenting our brands and products effectively to advertisers and prospects. The SMM will ensure that our sales team has what it needs to sell new and existing products effectively, whether it’s customer demographic data for a specific website like Expedia.com or snazzy marketing collateral extolling the virtues of a new piece of custom research.
Collaboration is a must-have and is critical to the team’s success. The role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with sales, product, operations, engineering, finance and creative services. You will need to balance multiple competing priorities. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and inventive, able to use creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation and/or resolution. You will demonstrate a bias to action, and the ability to balance many small projects successfully while maintaining a strategic view of the Media Solutions business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, refine, and be responsible for a robust sales marketing channel strategy that supports regional and vertical customization and localization needs
- Develop and execute the Media Solutions websites strategy including vendor management, user experience mapping, feature development, SEO strategy, site optimization, and performance tracking.
- Build and deliver an effective video development and distribution solution including vendor selection, negotiation and management.
- Develop, refine and deliver Expedia Group brands positioning to internal and external partners, including materials and training for sales, customers, operations, and marketing
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans for custom research and thought leadership content, focusing on positioning for Media Solutions’ direct salesforce;
- Support global product and sales initiatives and actively provide sales with brand and product support required to win new business
- Partner with and support Sales Excellence and Sales Operations initiatives as necessary
- Handle multiple projects and details without losing sight of the ‘big picture’
- Be proactive and able to move forward in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment where processes and procedures are not always completely detailed
Who you are:
- Significant work experience in online advertising, business management and/or product management/marketing
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Validated ability to work with multiple internal organizations requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a proven ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Experience working directly with sales, engineering, creative services, and operations teams
- Understanding of and experience working with digital marketing channels
- Understanding of media buying/planning cycles and Internet ad systems (Doubleclick, PointRoll, etc.) a plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.