Senior Social Media Manager at IllFonic
IllFonic is looking for a Senior Social Media Manager to join our talented game development team. Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, Crysis 3, and Nexuiz.
We are looking for a talented Senior Social Media Manager to drive successful digital influence on our social media accounts. As the senior social media manager you will be responsible for being the Illfonic brand on social media.You will be creating original content, managing posts, and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing and communication goals.
As a Senior Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the strategy and operation of performance driven campaigns on social media.
- Mentor other social media managers to help them grow.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI.
- Oversee design of our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, etc.).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Propose ad placement and spend for multiple titles across social channels, establish KPIs for each ad, monitor, and report back what worked and what didn’t.
- Creating and implementing social media campaigns to align with communication and marketing initiatives, across multiple titles.
- Proactively create, edit, and schedule engaging content for use daily across various social media channels.
- Respond, when appropriate, to followers in a timely and positive manner that always follows the company pre-approved messaging and/or leads with a positive statement, never engaging in a way that can be deemed negative for the company.
- Monitor customer comments/posts and bring any needs to the attention of Director of Communication.
- Work with Community Manager and Director of Communications to make sure all community messaging aligns with overall beats and current talking points, brand consistency, and aligns with current marketing missions.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- On the ground help at events; in-booth, documenting, set-up and breakdown, and more.
- Minimum of 4-5 years industry experience or 2+ shipped titles.
- Expert on social and community platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Discord, Twitch, etc.)
- Experience with performance driven campaigns on one or several communication channels
- Strong interest and passion for our industry, technology, and video games
- Photoshop experience; adobe creative or other.
- Excellent photography skills, camera and smartphone capable.
- Clear oral and written skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Exceptional at working within a team setting as well as on one’s own, must be self driven.
- Experienced at multitasking while still creating an excellent end product.
- Experience launching social initiatives (e.g. calendaring content, working with various tools for giveaways, image creation, etc.).
- Portfolio of work ready to share.
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as it’s required by company.
- Ability to create quality assets for use on social channels.
- Knowledge of basic microsoft toolsets, word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.