Senior Sourcing Manager - Marketing at Expedia Group
Are you an experienced Senior Sourcing specialist with a knack for Marketing Sourcing? If so, we are looking for you! As a Senior Marketing Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing and procurement of marketing / marketing technology services supporting Expedia Group's business units and brands globally – with an initial emphasis on the EMEA and/or North American region.
Will work directly with internal business partners to lead activities that facilitate effective vendor selection and contract negotiation, to deliver continuous cost savings, performance and process improvement to the business.
What you'll do
The role can be based in either London or Bellevue.
- Act as a consultant and commercial authority to business partners during all aspects of the vendor sourcing process
- Partner with business owners during the end to end sourcing process; define service requirements, assist with identifying vendors, drive and lead RFx process, conduct evaluations, conduct contract negotiation and execution
- Understand and perform category management; identify data and research resources for the industry, track competitive landscape, identify internal opportunities
- Develop, communicate and execute sourcing project work plans against tight timelines; identify supporting efforts, identify dependencies or barriers, identify and track any sourcing issues, track and report progress
- Lead vendor contract negotiations, conduct analysis, facilitate key partner participation (Legal, Tax, Information Security, Finance, etc.) and execute supporting administrative processes
- Draft and redline commercial components of moderate to complex marketing services and SaaS contracts and statements of work
- Project management of initiatives involving multiple markets / brands / teams
- Perform risk analysis to identify issues (financial, operational and/or regulatory) and develop risk mitigation strategy. Communicate risks and alternative mitigation strategies to business partners
- Provide guidance and act as a mentor to Sourcing Mangers within the team
- Manage administrative processes and activity reporting as needed to support projects
- Support other business related activities as directed by management
Who you are
- Extensive experience in a corporate strategic sourcing department supporting either the marketing or technology sourcing category. Global scope / exposure preferred
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or other related discipline
- Preferably CIPS qualified (UK based applicants only)
- High level of technical competence in all core strategic sourcing disciplines
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong business insight, analytical and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Extraordinary negotiation and drafting skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple high value / complex / cross-brand projects
- Work well within short time constraints; proven experience of delivering results in an environment where there can be high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels (including executive level) both internally and externally
- A great teammate, also able to operate independently prioritizing own work and resources
- Ability to identify, manipulate and use data to drive and influence decisions and strategies
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.