SEO Content Specialist
About the Role:
RealSelf’s Consumer Marketing Team seeks an experienced, results-driven SEO Content Specialist. In this hands-on role, you’ll give our content creators the strategic and tactical recommendations and best-in-class examples they need to dramatically raise our brand’s organic search profile, attract more of our target consumers, and deliver on their expectations.
In this role, you will:
- Lead by example by writing (from metadescriptions to H1s to longer form drafts), optimizing, assessing impact, and rapidly iterating.
- Dive deep on keyword research.
- Conduct technical SEO content audits and use your insights to refine our SEO content strategy, for our website and blog.
- Make and act on prioritized recommendations for content optimization and new content opportunities.
- Train our content creators in scalable ways to implement your recommendations for maximum impact.
- Stay on the cutting edge of SEO best practices and algorithm updates, swiftly revising our strategy and tactics as necessary.
- Collaborate with our SEO team, sharing insights and aligning on priorities.
- Partner with our Analytics team to assess the impact of content optimization work on our rankings and organic search traffic.
This role requires you to turn your deep understanding of SEO best practices, analytics, and digital content strategy into actionable recommendations for our team. You’re pragmatic and driven, equally adept at diving deep into research and staying focused on the big picture. You know what worked before probably won’t work now, but you’ll hone in on what will.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 3+ years of SEO content strategy experience, with a heavy emphasis on mobile SEO and AMP
- A proven track record of successfully driving improvements in organic search traffic through content optimization
- A BA/BS degree in Information Science, Digital Marketing, or a related field
- Sharp analytical skills, balanced with a flair for creative solutions
- A willingness to learn the relevant nuances of aesthetics
- An aptitude for collaboration across multiple teams
Bonus points if you have experience in the medical or aesthetics space.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
Millions of people from around the world visit RealSelf each month to browse patient reviews, before and after photos, and medical expert answers to discover which treatments and providers live up to their promise of being “Worth It.” RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.