Social Media Intern
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is looking for a full-time, 3-month social media intern to work with the corporate communications team and larger marketing team. This role will be critical in helping us manage, engage and grow our social media following and will work closely with Zipwhip’s Communications Specialist and will report to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications.
What's the job really?
- Draft and publish creative, insightful and productive social media content for Zipwhip’s social media handles: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Work with Product Marketing, Creative Services, Content Marketing and Events teams to:
- Highlight Zipwhip product updates and announcements
- Promote events and tradeshows
- Drive traffic to The Zip and zipwhip.com
- Work with the Revenue Marketing team to support paid social media advertisements and strategy.
- Create content for our Zipwhip employees to share on their own social media handles that is on-brand and within our corporate guidelines.
- Develop and expand Zipwhip’s social media presence, with a particular emphasis on increasing our engagement and followers.
What you bring to the table:
- Four-year degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field.
- Experience managing social media for a business, nonprofit or membership organization.
- A passion for social media and a firm grasp on how it should be used for businesses.
- An understanding of the latest social media tools, features and capabilities.
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work in a dynamic and changing workplace.
- The ability to productively take direction and feedback, while autonomously delivering on projects.
- High-quality writing and attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator, in particular).
- Photography experience is a plus.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.