Social Media Specialist
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
It’s incredible to see the level of passion and love about Glowforge on social media. Whether it’s the big sites like Facebook and Instagram or niche sites like leathercrafting supplies and woodworking DIY videos, people of every creative stripe are discovering what Glowforge can do for them and their creative passions. Our customers are there. The problem is, all too often, we’re not.
You are our connection to that most critical part of our business - our customers. You find them where they live and play online. You engage them in conversation and excitement. You’re the face of our company to them.
Our success has always been and will always be our connection to our customers. That’s your job. That’s why we need you.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
One of the best things about Glowforge is that our customers can’t help but share what they’re making! We have amazing social followings and organic conversations that any brand would envy. You will be at the heart of this customer excitement online - on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and anywhere else we decide we want to connect with, encourage, and inspire our customers.
There’s so much we could do to post, engage, answer questions, and expand everyone’s perception of what you can do with a Glowforge. You’ll share videos, pictures, testimonials - and teach our customers how to be successful at this too. Overall - you’ll grow our social community - of customers and potential customers - from the thousands - to the millions.
More specifically, you’ll be:
- Managing our social media profiles (including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Writing fantastic organic posts that engage, inspire, and prompt our customers to take action
- Using your creative eye to spot the most compelling trends that our customers are excited about
- Wielding words to build excitement about the amazing things our customers make
- Partnering with our marketing and product managers to support broader growth initiatives
You Need These Qualifications
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You’ve cultivated an impressive social media following.
- You’re a compelling writer, and your work gets tremendous engagement from readers.
- You love to experiment: what word is most impactful? What picture? What question?
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It Would Be Nice If...
- You have startup experience
- You have deep experience on a huge variety of social channels
- You have photography or videography experience
- You’re a crafter, maker, or other creator yourself
- You love to learn about technology
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
Read Full Job Description