Sr Analyst, Marketing Operations & Optimization
Are you passionate about working on complex, data rich marketing operations?
Are you excited about helping customers find the best deal in a crowded market place?
Are you ready to help people go places?
Expedia’s Global Metasearch marketing team is looking for a highly motivated and analytical individual to lead operations and optimize key Hotel Metasearch partner campaigns. We apply mathematics and technology in competitive auctions across 30 countries and dozens of partners: TripAdvisor, Kayak, and Google to name a few. Metasearch is a dynamic, rapidly changing environment that is quickly becoming a larger portion of the travel industry.
In this role, you will support the Senior Manager - Metasearch for Expedia Group to optimize the performance of the metasearch channel. You will need to be results-oriented, with a strong foundation in finance, analytics and statistics. The constant changes in meatsearch require strong attention to detail and the ability to coordinate with the leadership to drive execution. You'll have a direct impact on our P&L for the channel.
What you'll do with us:
- Manage campaign performance across all of Expedia’s line of business (Hotels, Flights, Packages) based on established metrics using existing tools.
- Use statistics, distributions and confidence intervals to make decisions based on data.
- Manipulate large datasets to find business insights and root-cause analysis and drive actions to increase return on investment.
- Work with global teams to ensure optimal campaign performance and alignment of the company’s tools and processes.
- Develop and defend a financial plan / forecast.
- Explain factors and events that will impact topline and bottom-line numbers.
- Collaborate with partners such as TripAdvisor, Trivago & Skyscanner, internal teams and senior leadership to optimize campaign performance.
- Represent the metasearch team in regional trading desk meetings to communicate performance updates and initiatives to senior leadership.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, preferably with an IT / Engineering and Business blend.
- 3-5 years’ experience in e-commerce or performance based marketing.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with SQL and comfortable writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative
- Foundational statistical experience.
- Strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to operate and thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English and strong interpersonal skills, able to articulate a complex subject easily across all levels.
- Programming skills (Python) a plus.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.