Sr. Email Marketing Specialist at RealSelf
About the Role:
RealSelf is looking for a Senior Email Marketing Specialist to ideate, build, execute, test and own email programs and campaigns that engage our consumers and drive key consumer actions across the RealSelf member lifecycle.
The successful candidate is a self-starter marketer with deep direct-to-consumer email marketing knowledge including HTML, CSS, ESPs. The candidate must have proven experience working cross-functionally, possess great project management skills, and be comfortable with data analysis and creative problem solving.
In this role you will:
- Create new email campaigns - from ideation to development and tracking - and ensure that these campaigns are continuously iterating to improve monthly metrics.
- Follow a quality assurance process to ensure accurate content and on-time campaign delivery.
- Partner internally to develop email programs for marketing and company initiatives. Ensure that these campaigns are continuously improving through personalization and new content.
- Raise your hand to take on complex email projects, leveraging your knowledge of our consumers and their preferences and behavior.
- Troubleshoot email-related issues for internal staff, consumers, and doctors.
- Monitor overall email list health, deliverability reporting, and list growth.
- Measure and report on email engagement and A/B test results.
- Maintain an accurate library of ongoing consumer/doctor flows, communications, and metrics and changes across the broader email program.
- Own the metrics, results and reporting for email campaigns, taking responsibility for sharing results and making proactive and actionable recommendations for improvement.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about email and thrives in a cross functional team environment. You love to come up with fresh ideas, how to accomplish them, and are always looking for ways in which you and your programs can deliver more. In addition, this person thrives by knowing all of the details and loves to transform data into meaningful insights and opportunities.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in email marketing or related field
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience creating, owning, troubleshooting and reporting on email campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Analytics experience and the ability to derive meaning from data through testing and optimization
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge, MJML understanding a plus
- Experience diagnosing and improving email deliverability.
- Understanding of email fundamentals: anti-spam law requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, deliverability, etc
- Knowledge of email service providers (ESPs). Iterable and Marketo are a plus
- Knowledge of Looker and Google Analytics is a plus.
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of creating a world where every investment in modern beauty is Worth It. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.