Sr. Manager, Communications and Engagement at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about the opportunity to make an impact on a transformational part of the organization that brings the world within reach for billions of people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace dedicated to becoming the world’s travel platform?
Expedia Group is looking for a Sr. Communications and Engagement Manager for our global Human Resources team. You will be responsible for crafting and executing integrated internal communications and employee engagement programs for our human resource organization. This role is based in Bellevue, WA and is part of our employee communications team..
What you'll do:
- Develop and drive internal communications strategies and programs that bring the Human Resources narrative to life through creative storytelling and engaging experiences. This includes: executive gatherings, all-employee meetings, rich digital storytelling and special events
- Champion opportunities to showcase Human Resources Leaders through internal campaigns you conceptualize and drive while coaching executives on delivery across various mediums
- Serve as a strategic partner to leadership to plan, develop and prepare effective, thoughtful and engaging communications that educate, inform, connect with and inspire team members
- Lead development of content strategy and production that delights, amplifies team member engagement and aligns team efforts to strategy
- Ensure all communications are on-brand and consistent in style, quality and tone of voice
- Develop, monitor and report on communications and engagement metrics with relevant team members to acknowledge progress
- Partner with our global Expedia Group Communications Team to develop and share standard methodologies for employee communications
- Optimize internal communication content and channels to reach a broad base of team members across multiple geographies, teams and Expedia Group brands
- Build virtual communities where team members can share outside inspiration, learn from each other and reinforce best practices to help create the organization we aspire to be
Who you are:
- Excellent organization, project management, writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of employee/internal communications experience in a corporate or agency environment; technology industry experience preferred
- 4+ years’ experience working closely with executive or leadership roles, particularly in highly innovative, fast-moving environments, with a proven record of results
- Self-guided, creative, responsible, high-energy and eager to work with other departments and independently
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias toward action, a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction and ability to build strategy, then execute
- Passion for building communities – natural connection ability, great listening skills and ability to help shape mindset and behaviors
- Deep business acumen including an ability to translate mission, strategy and priorities in a way that inspires confidence and engagement in key stakeholders including executives, partners and employees
- Experience partnering, coaching and prepping materials for senior level executive
- Proficiency in productivity and design tools including Slack, Photoshop, MS Office, etc.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LI*AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.